Passport is an official document issued by the government for traveling abroad. Along with allowing you to travel internationally it also serves as an important proof of citizenship and identity. All the passports of India have the Emblem of India emblazoned on the front in the center of the front cover.
One needs to apply for the passport online and fill the application form along with a fee of 1500 Rs for adults and 1000 Rs for below 18 years. The fee can be paid through a bank draft in favor of the passport office concerned. In the case of demand draft, the full name of the applicant and the application number should be written on the back of the draft. And the details of payment of fee should be mentioned in relevant boxes in the application form.
Fee structure for passport
- Fresh Passport for minor valid for 10 years: Rs 1,000/-
- Fresh Passport for major valid for 10 years: Rs 1,500/-
- Duplicate passport in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport (36 pages): Rs 2,500/-
- Duplicate passport in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport (60 pages): Rs 3,000/-
- Police Clearance Certificate/ ECNR/Additional Endorsements: Rs 300/-
- In case of Change of Address, Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Appearance, Spouse Name, Name of Parents/Legal Guardian: Rs 1,000/-
The Passport Seva Kendra also provides the facility of calculating the fee for the passport at its online portal. One has to fill in the fields of “Application Type”, “Type of Service”, “and Applicant’s Age”, “Number of pages in booklet”and“Required Scheme”.
Click the link given to calculate the fee for the passport http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/fee/feeInput