- 1 To Provide Free Smartphones Under Suchna Kranti Yojana: Chhattisgarh Government
To Provide Free Smartphones Under Suchna Kranti Yojana: Chhattisgarh Government
Chhattisgarh state government has declared “Chhattisgarh Yuva Suchna Kranti Yojana 2017” under which it will provide smartphones to the youth in the state for free. The state government has announced the scheme to promote digitization in the state and making the youth digitally literate.
Under the Suchna Kranti Yojana (SKY)
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh, on 6th March 2017, presented the state budget for the fiscal year 2017-18.
- Presenting the CG Budget 2017-18 in Chhattisgarh Assembly CM Raman Singh announced the Suchna Kranti Yojana (SKY), which will be launched to provide the free smartphones to all the poor citizens of the state.
- Raman Singh presented the annual budget of Rs. 76032 crore.
- With an insight to make Chhattisgarh a digital state, the CM of the state said that 45 lac smartphones will be given to BPL families (Below Poverty Line) in the state to provide ease of access to Chhattisgarh e-services.
The benefits of the SKY scheme:
- The scheme will benefit the students studying in Universities.
- Free Smartphone along with a SIM card will be given to students in under this scheme in Chhattisgarh.
- This is a great step by Raman Singh government to move towards Digital India.
- Chhattisgarh Government has selected Rs.900 crore to provide Smartphone and free SIM card and 1500 new network tower under KSY Scheme.
Features of the SKY scheme:
- Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh presented the annual budget of Rs. 76032 crore.
- CM said that 45 lac smartphones will be given to BPL families in the state under Suchna Kranti Yojana.
- For Students – Free Smartphone along with a SIM card in Chhattisgarh.
SKY Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
- The people who come under Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in urban as well as in rural areas.
- The students of the state of Chhattisgarh.
How to Apply Online for Free Smartphone under Suchna Kranti Yojana
Chhattisgarh government is setting up to liberate a web portal regarding this free Smartphone SKY scheme. The officers did not release any information regarding this scheme for how to apply, where to apply, application form and other such details.
The main objective of this scheme is to connect the people to the internet and make cashless payment for all subscribers who enroll for 45 lac smartphones scheme 2017.