Rajasthan Chosen for credit of Rs. 8,000 Crore for Housing
Rajasthan has been chosen for a credit of Rs. 8000 Crore for the construction of houses. The Central Government has allotted this amount to the Rajasthan State Government for constructing affordable houses in every village and town of the state. This is being done under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)-Rajasthan.
Aim of the scheme
- The main aim of the government is to construct 6.75 lac houses in all villages of Rajasthan
- Rural people in the state don’t have their own house; hence the scheme shall benefit these people.
- The government will construct these houses by next three years to benefit the poor and underprivileged people of Rajasthan.
Under the PMAY-Rajasthan Scheme
- The money is being divided among the state and the central government.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Rajasthan Scheme central government will provide 5,000 crore Rupees.
- The State government of Rajasthan will provide 3,000 Rupees for construction.
- The government will transfer the construction amount direct to bank accounts of recipients under Housing for All by 2022.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rajasthan the receivers will get Rs. 1.60 lacs for the construction of their houses.
- The government will provide construction amount in four easy installments to recipients under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rajasthan.
List of Cities Under the PMAY- Rajasthan
|Sri Madhopur||Makrana||Deogarh||Mount Abu|
|Ramganj Mandi||Baggar||Kaprain||Pipar City|
|Chitaurgarh||Bhawani Mandi||Kuchman City|
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Families which come under BPL are eligible for these affordable houses.
- The people of schedule tribes (ST) also applicable for this scheme.
- The people of schedule caste (SC) also eligible for this scheme.
- The poor Indian women of all religion and caste are eligible for this scheme.
- The people of Economic Weaker Sections.
- The people of Lower Income Groups.
This scheme launched by the Prime minister of the country is a virtuous step in providing benefits to the poor class who cannot afford a house to live. There are various parts of India that are still untouched by the technology and live a very basic or even below the basic standard of living.
For such people launching schemes and acknowledging their grievances is a great step towards advancements of the country. The recipients will soon get their first installment for the construction of houses by the government under ‘Housing for All’ by 2022. The government will complete the target of 6.75 lac houses in three years under PM Awas Yojana Rajasthan.
To Download PM Awas Yojana Application Form PDF- Click Here