Punjab Atta-Dal Scheme
The State Government of Punjab and Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs had launched ‘Atta-Dal Scheme’ on the special occasion of 61st Independence Day in 2007 for distributing food grain at subsidized rate.
Under the Atta-Dal Scheme
Under the Atta-Dal Scheme;
- Punjab government dispenses food grains at a highly subsidized rate to the poor, below poverty line (BPL) families.
- Food grain is provided a total number of 1.42 crores recipients in the state.
- In 2013, the government transformed this scheme and decided the addition of more families into the recipient’s list.
Goals of the Atta-Dal Scheme
The main objective of New Atta-Dal Scheme is:
- To provide food grains to the BPL families on really low economical rates.
- The price of the food is increasing day by day and under such circumstance, the condition of the poor families has become even worse since they do not have enough money to purchase food grains at market rates.
- The Government of Punjab has launched a great scheme for helping poor families to provide them wheat and rice at relatively lower price.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Profits of wheat grains and pulses at highly subsidized rate in Punjab
- Wheat will be given at Rs. 2/- per Kg
- Benefits of 2.5 Kg pulses every family at subsidized rate
- The distribution will be done at the doorstep of the recipients directly by the department.
Eligibility Criteria for the Atta-Dal Scheme
- Recipient must be inhabitant of Punjab state
- The BPL and AAY (Antodiya) ration card holders are eligible for the new New Atta-Dal Scheme in Punjab
- People who own less than 2.5 acres of land are suitable for this scheme
- Applicant family income should be less than 60,000 per annum
- The BPL (Below Poverty Line) and AAY (Antodiya) ration card holders also suitable for the New Atta-Dal Scheme.
- Under the new scheme, the government decided to double the number of people who would benefit from the scheme.
- People who own less than 2.5 acres of land and have an income of less than 60,000 per annum are eligible for New Atta-Dal Scheme.
In 2013, an announcement by the government to launch the New Atta dal scheme was made, 13.5 lakh new beneficiary families were added to the list of recipients.
Required Documents for the Eligibility
- Antyodaya ration cards
- Passport size photos
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Applicant can contact the food officer in relates district/Taluka in Punjab
- Applicant can also contact the gram panchayat, Zilla Parishad or block officer in the Punjab
The Punjab Atta-Dal Scheme was a boon for the BPL families living in a scarcity of food. It caters to a large audience seeking help. The people of Punjab have taken a lot of benefits from this scheme.
For further information, you can visit the official website: http://punjab.gov.in
Download claim form from http://foodsuppb.nic.in/files/FSAct/CLAIM%20FORM.pdf
Download objection form from http://foodsuppb.nic.in/files/FSAct/OBJECTION%20FORM.pdf