- 1 What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- 2 Why was Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Introduced?
- 3 How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- 4 How to fill the application form?
- 5 Documents Required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 6 Eligibility Criterion for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 7 Funding for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 8 Share this:
- 9 Related
What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
The Prime Minister of India has launched another scheme aiming to provide 5 Crore LPG connections in the name of a woman falling below the poverty line. The scheme is called the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. 17, 66,254 Connections have been given to beneficiaries as of 21st July 2016. Some of the objectives of the scheme are empowering women and protecting their health, reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel, reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel and preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana has been launched in few states. Currently, the scheme is launched in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh. Soon it will be launched in other states too.
According to reports, the BPL families will be identified after consultation with the Union territories and the state government. The social welfare scheme will be implemented over a period of three years (FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19). Covered under the “Give Back” program, the PMUY scheme aims to provide five Crore connections over a three year period
Why was Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Introduced?
Clean Fuel is Accessible to only limited people. Poor people use the conventional methods like using fossil fuels. The usage of such fuels causes serious health problems. So, this scheme has been introduced to make sure that even the poorest families (BPL) have access to clean Fuel, LPG.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- Download the application form from the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana online portal. You can do that by clicking on the link mentioned here http://www.pmujjwalayojana.in/pradhan-mantri-ujjwala-yojana-application-forms/
- After downloading the application form, start filling it. Make sure you fill the form correctly without any mistakes otherwise they would have to be rectified later.
- Submit it the application form at the office of LPG Distributor
- After your application is successfully processed, you will receive all the benefits of the scheme.
How to fill the application form?
- First, the consumer details have to be mentioned. All the fields are to be filled in mandatory and in block letters.
- Mention your first name, middle name and last name. After this mention your date of birth.
- Then mention the complete address where you want to take the LPG connection.
- Then mention the joining details. In this, you have to mention the Aadhaar details and bank account details.
- After this mention the ration card details.
- Then attach the required documents along with the form and submit it.
- The form is available in both Hindi and English.
Documents Required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- BPL Certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman*
- BPL Ration Card*
- One Photo ID (Aadhaar Card or Voter ID Card)*
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph*
- Driving License
- Lease Agreement
- Telephone / Electricity / Water Bill
- Copy of Passport
- Self-Declaration attested by Gazette Officer
- Ration Card
- Flat Allotment / Possession Letter
- House Registration Documents
- LIC Policy
- Bank / Credit Card Statement
Eligibility Criterion for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Applicant should be Indian Citizen with age more than 18 years
- Only women applicant is eligible to apply
- The applicant should not already hold any LPG connection
- The name of applicant should exist in the SECC-2011 Database
Funding for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The government has set aside 2000 Crore rupees for this project. The project is expected to spread more in the coming three years and its implementation stages and total expenditure would be 8000 Crore by then. Collection or generation of funds has been worked out from the scheme where people of higher income group have voluntarily agreed to give up their subsidy. Till now 1.5 Crore people have already given up their option to avail the subsidy on LPG.