Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Punjab
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is an ambitious welfare scheme launched by the Indian Government led by PM Narender Modi. The Punjab State government unveiled the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in Barnala district of Punjab in an alliance with Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It was firstly launched in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh on 1st May 2016.
Under the of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
In this scheme, the government will distribute 21,912 free LPG connections to the women of poor families of Barnala district. The reason behind this scheme is that many women across the country face adverse health implications by inhaling smoke given off from burning firewood. Many families of Punjab from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) were facing the same health hazards. Hence the Government took initiative and provided a free gas stove and LPG gas connection in the state.
This scheme provides a gas connection, especially targeting the women from BPL families. This helps them in a major way by reducing the labor of cooking with polluting fuels. This also helps reduce indoor pollution and other health related problems being faced by women in the state of Punjab.
The Main Objectives of the Scheme
- The main aim of this scheme is to provide a smoke-free and healthy environment to the women of the rural areas across the nation.
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- Reducing the serious health hazards linked with cooking on fossil fuel like firewood.
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel.
- Checking young children from getting caught by a number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning of fossil fuels.
Benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The government of Punjab provides free gas stove for Below Poverty Line (BPL) Families and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) families of the state.
- The government of Punjab provides a free gas connection in the state to the same.
- Benefits of the smoke-free and healthy environment during cooking for women from BPL and EWS families.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Candidate must be a resident of Punjab state
- Candidate must be a Blue card holder
- Candidate must belong to below poverty line (BPL) family
Required Documents for the scheme
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Bank account details
- Blue ration card
- Passport size photos
- A Candidate must visit regional collector office in Punjab
- A Candidate also visit gram panchayat of the related Taluka/district
To know more visit the official website: http://www.punjab.gov.in/