Pradhan Mantri Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The government is doing a lot for the young and emerging talents of the country. It is making and implementing several schemes in order to uplift and enhance skills of the youth of the country. One such scheme is Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
It is a new upcoming scheme to improve the dexterity of youth parallel with the international standards and help them getting employment in foreign countries. This is scheme is quite similar to the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
Executed by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) through its training partners, the consulting bodies will be the following:
- Ministry of External Affairs,
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
The two would be the consulting bodies for the implementation of the scheme. These ministries had earlier signed MoU for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- The main aim of the Pradhan Mantri Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana would be to train the youth of India in a manner so that they can easily fetch a job opportunity outside the country.
- The training under the Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana would be provided with the international standards keeping in mind.
The work on the scheme is in developing stage and is expected to be launched soon.
Under the scheme:
- The skill development ministry would start 50 skill centers for overseas employment purpose.
- The scheme is deployed by the government to train and certify Indian workforce.
- The scheme would target candidates who wish to have overseas employment in select sectors and job roles, in line with international standards.
- Under the training of the Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana, the candidates would also go through a pre-departure orientation training of language and soft skills.
- The training offered would be backed by the internationally recognized assessment and certification system.
- The fee for the training and certification under the new scheme is expected to be minimal similar to the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- There might also be some scholarships on successful completion of training and certification under the Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
Such schemes uplift and motivate the youth of the country and are quite essential in the overall development of India. The people who are willing to go abroad in search of job opportunities; this scheme shall benefit them a lot.