Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) Full Details
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Garmin is an initiative by the central government under which people of rural India are provided with a housing to live a better life. Execution of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin was been approved by the PM Narendra Modi on 23rd March in a cabinet meeting. The rural housing scheme will help to get housing for all by 2022 in rural areas across the country.
Number of homes to be constructed under PMAY-G has been increased by 33% from 3 Crore to 4 Crore by the year 2022.
To address the gap in rural housing and in view of Government’s commitment to providing “Housing for All” by 2022, the scheme of IAY has been re-structured into Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) with effect from 1st April 2016. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Garmin (PMAY-G) will be implemented in rural areas across the country except for Delhi and Chandigarh.
Read below the highlights of the housing for all by 2022:
- Government shall construct 1 crore Pakka (permanent) houses for the rural poor in the next three years after the launching of the scheme.
- A total of 4 Crore homes would be constructed under PMAY-G in rural areas across the country by the year 2022.
- The scheme is expected to improve and increase employment in rural areas, especially in the construction sector which is currently the 2nd largest employers in India.
- The project will be executed in a span of three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 with a budget of Rs. 81,975 crore.
- Of the total estimated expenditure, Rs. 60,000 crore will come from budgetary allocations and the remaining through Nabard.
- The cost of the unit (house) help is to be shared between central and state governments in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for north-eastern and hilly states.
- Recipients of the rural houses would be chosen according to data taken from the Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011
- An allowance of Rs. 120,000 in plain areas and Rs. 130,000 in hilly areas will be provided for construction of homes.
- The unit size will be enhanced from the existing 20 sq.mt. To up to 25 sq.mt. Including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
- Provision of toilets at Rs. 12000/- and 90/95 days of unskilled wage labor under MGNREGA over and above the unit cost.
- Funds will be transferred electronically directly to the account of the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary would be facilitated to avail a loan of up to 70000 rupees for the construction of the house which is optional.
- Special Projects to be sanctioned to states based on situational exigencies and special needs.
- Home loans up to Rs. 2 Lac took in 2017 for maintenance or up-gradation of homes under PM Awas Yojana – Gramin will receive interest subvention of 3%.
PMAY-G Home Loan Scheme 2017
Narendra Modi on 31st December 2016 has announced a new home loan scheme for PM Awas Yojana – Gramin beneficiaries. Under the new home loan scheme, the recipients will be provided interest subvention of 3% on a home loan of up to Rs. 2 Lac took in 2017 for new house construction or extension of housing in rural areas.
PMAY-G Selection of Recipients
Identification and selection of recipients shall be done by the community through the Gram Sabha, from the SECC 2011 list, based on the housing deficiency and other social deprivation parameters. The government follows a 6 step process to prepare the final list of beneficiaries of PMAY-G.
There are 13 automatic exclusion parameters based upon the candidates from the original SECC data list will be removed as follows:
- Motorized two/three/four wheeler/ fishing boat
- Mechanized three/ four wheelers agricultural equipment
- Kisan Credit Card with credit limit of Rs.50,000 or above
- Household with any member as a Government employee
- Households with non-agricultural enterprises registered with the Government
- Any member of the family earning more than Rs.10,000 per month
- Paying income tax
- Paying professional tax
- Own a refrigerator
- Own landline phone
- Own 2.5 acres or more of irrigated land with at least one irrigation equipment
- 5 acres or more of irrigated land for two or more crop seasons
- Owning at least 7.5 acres of land or more with at least one irrigation equipment
- After this, the list of eligible candidates will come out and be categorized into two subgroups.
Definition of Kutcha House
Houses with kutcha wall – Houses where the material used for a wall is Grass/thatch/bamboo or plastic/polyetheneor mud/unburnt brick or wood or stone not packed with mortar.
Houses with kutcha roof – Houses where the material used for a roof is Grass/thatch/bamboo/wood/mud or plastic/polyethene or handmade tiles.
The status reports of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) can be viewed on the official website at http://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/Home.aspx