Nai Udaan Scheme
Nai Udaan Scheme is about providing free Coaching to Minority Students. The Ministry of Minority Affairs has implemented this scheme. Nai Udaan scheme for Minority Students provides financial support and free coaching to the minority candidates for clearing entrance examinations including prelims examinations for recruitment to Group A, B and C services and other exams conducted by UPSC, SSC, and SPSC. Apart from that, a stipend of Rs. 1500 per month and Rs. 3000/- per month is provided to the local and outstation students respectively.
Community –wise list of recipients:
The following are the details of the receivers to whom financial assistance has been provided under ‘NAI UDAAN’ Scheme during the last three years and the current year:
This information was given by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, the Minister of State (IC) for Minority Affairs, in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
Aim of the scheme
- To provide financial support to the minority students/candidates
- The scheme shall help them clear prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions
- Also, to effectively bring them to compete for appointment to Civil Services in the Union and the State Governments of India.
- To increase the number of minority candidates/students in the Civil Services by giving direct financial support to candidates clearing Preliminary Examination of:
- Group A and B (Gazette and non-Gazette posts of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC);
- State Public Service Commission (SPSCs)
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme
- The candidate should belong to/following one of the Minority Communities i.e. Muslims (Islam), Christians (Christianity), Sikhs (Sikhism), Buddhists (Buddhism), Jain (Jainism) and Parsi (Zoroastrians)
- The total annual income of family should not exceed to Rs. 4.50 Lac.
- Candidates should have passed the Preliminary Examination conducted by UPSC, State PSC, SSC etc.
Details of Scholarship Amount Details
- 50,000, if the candidate acquires a Gazette post.
- 25,000, if the candidate acquires a Non-Gazette post.
- To avail the financial assistance under this scheme, the eligible candidates need to respond to the advertisement published in News Papers and on its website.
- Eligible candidates may apply to this Ministry on the pro forma developed for this purpose under the Scheme
For more information to apply to this scheme visit to the website of Ministry of Minority Affairs http://naiudaan-moma.gov.in/