Nagpur Municipal Corporation’s (NMC) Abhay Yojana 2017 for Tax Defaulters
Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC); Municipal Commissioner Shravan Hardikar has launched a new scheme called ‘Abhay Yojana 2017′. The scheme is aimed at providing relief to property tax defaulters. The enactment of Abhay Yojana 2017 was from 16 March to 31 March 2017.
Features and Benefits of Abhay Yojana 2017
- The phase of “Abhay Yojana-2017” enactment started from March 16 to March 31st, 2017.
- Those property-holders against whom Property Tax dues are due can only take benefit of this scheme.
- During the scheme span, 90 % of amount accumulating from 2 % penalty per month on pending dues and expenses acquired on dispensing of seized permits will be ignored off if the defaulting property holders pay 100 % pending dues as a one-time settlement between March 16 and March 31, 2017, till 12 midnight.
- Similarly, during the scheme span, 75 % of amount adding from 2 % penalty per month on pending dues and expenses acquired on issuing of seized warrants will be waived off if the defaulting property holders pay 100 % pending dues as a one-time settlement between March 24 and March 31, 2017, till 6 pm.
- The “Abhay Yojana-2017” will be valid to only those amounts that have been paid during the scheme period.
- The dues paid before the beginning of the scheme and end of the scheme cannot be claimed back.
- Those defaulters availing the “Abhay Yojana-2017” will have to withdraw pending appeals, applications for review claims or summon petitions filed in courts without conditions.
- If defaulters file appeals, review applications, claims or summon petitions even after availing benefits of the scheme, then the scheme benefits rendered to the defaulters would be withdrawn.
- The receivers must give in writing that they will not default in paying the Property Tax dues in future.
- The current dues of pending Property Tax are Rs 43 crore and the old pending dues are Rs 191 crore.
- The target in Commissioner’s Revised Budget was Rs 250 crore. For the year 2016-17, the target was Rs 350 crore. Only Rs 132 crore has been recovered.
- Mayor says that if imposing of penalty is ended then the citizens will not pay Property Tax at all.
- The Ruling Party Leader said that he supports the initiative of NMC Administration.
- Commissioner of Nagpur says that citizens were attentive in paying their dues around the month of March. It will not be appropriate to give more than 15 days for absolution scheme.
- Commissioner of Nagpur further said that there are ample numbers of employees in Tax Department.
- The indolent attitude on part of employees in recovering the dues will not be tolerated.
- Cashless, online facilities have been made available for payment of the tax.
- The tax system has been reformed.
- Stress is on self-assessment.
- According to the new system, arrangements for recovery of Property Tax dues will be done in 6-9 months.
- For more Details call toll-free number – 020-25501159
The people whose property tax dues are pending can take the benefit of this scheme. It is a great scheme to the people of Nagpur so that they can get rid of the default.