Mukhya Mantri Smart Gram Yojana-Jharkhand
The state government of Jharkhand made their minds up to plan a smart village scheme for the overall development of villages in the state in response to the Centre’s suggestion. The Jharkhand State Government has launched the ‘Mukhya Mantri Smart Gram Yojana’ to illustrate the progressive technique of development in the rural areas. The villages under the scheme will be chosen on the basis of information technology, renewable energy, agriculture, and e-governance.
The rural development department of the state hunted exclusive ideas from specialists for planning a draft on the scheme. The department wanted to give this fresh scheme a different characteristic from those already existing such as Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) and Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY). At present, 19 villages are covered under SAGY.
The state government has submitted the names of 100 villages be covered under PMAGY, which is currently pending approval. According to data collated by the state government, only 15% of total villagers have toilets compared to 73% of the urban dwellers. The state-level scheme will come at a time when several pointers show a razor-sharp contrast in rural and urban centers of Jharkhand.
Objectives of CM Smart Gram Yojana
- The main objective of the scheme is making available Modern Facilities for villagers to being a good lifestyle.
- Jharkhand government has decided to select 5 villages which have 4 villages already selected by the government under Pilot Project; one more village is included to get profits of Smart Gram Yojana.
- Villagers who live in the state of Jharkhand will be offered with modern age facilities so that their lives can turn better.
- Under the pilot project, the government has decided to select 5 villages.
- 4 Villages have been selected in this. In order to include a village, head, resident or committee of the related village can apply to the Department of Rural Development.
Learning Centre will be smart, Facilities will be provided in Panchayat Buildings:
- Under Mukhya Mantri Smart Gram Yojana, the learning Centres of the selected villages will be made smart.
- Most of the work will be paperless in the Panchayat secretariat.
- The agriculture will be created for the benefit of farmers by using progressive technology.
- Funding for this scheme will be taken care separately by the government.