Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana for Poor BPL Families Girls- Bihar
The Chief Minister of Bihar Mr. Nitish Kumar launched a new benefit scheme named ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana’ to offer financial payback to the girls of the state.
Under this scheme:
- Under this scheme, the girls belonging to a BPL (below poverty line) families will be provided a financial help of Rs. 2000.
- This step will help to control female feticide and focus on girl education in Bihar.
- This scheme will provide education benefits to girl Child and will also contribute to maintaining the sex ratio in India.
- Bihar government will devote an amount of Rs. 2000 in the name of a girl child in Child Carrier Balance Plan of UTI Fund.
The Aims of Mukhyamantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
- To raise the birth rate of the girl child.
- To maintain a proper sex ratio in the state of Bihar.
- To motivate girl child towards education.
- To promote women empowerment in the state
- To eliminate female feticide from the state and as well as in India.
Eligibility Criteria for Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
- The candidate must be a girl.
- The candidate must belong to a BPL Family.
- Candidate’s age must be more than three years.
- Candidate’s birth registration should be done within one year.
- Only two girls in a BPL family can get the profits from this scheme.
Apply For Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
- The candidate can contact the Child Development Project Officer of his area.
- The parents of girl child will have to contact to nearest Anganwadi Project Officer through Director of Social Welfare in Bihar to apply for getting benefits of the scheme.