Know about the process of applying for learning license and fees of both driving license (DL) and leaner’s (LL) in the article below.
If you wish to apply for a Learner’s License now, you don’t have to wait in the long queues at the Regional Transport Office (RTO) anymore. You can fill out the form and send your application online. With the introduction of the Learner’s License application online, many people can complete the form and submit it to book their driving test appointment, all from the comfort of their home.
For online application, candidates can visit their state/Union territory’s Regional Transport Authority website and submit their application.
You can also visit Sarathi website managed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Booking a test slot for a learner’s licence can also be done online through the Sarathi web portal. Candidates whose application forms are processed will receive a notification concerning the same. Following this, you can book a test slot on the website.
The Exceptional States for Booking Learner’s License Slot
Applicants from the following states cannot book a slot for their Learner’s Licence tests through the internet site Sarathi:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Note: Applicants from these states and Union Territories will have to visit the website of the Regional Transport Authority in their state to book a slot.
For applicants from other states, they will have to follow the procedure given below:
- Visit the Sarathi website.
- On the homepage, under the Sarathi Services column, click on the Online Slot Booking option.
- Click on the tab ‘LL Slot Booking’ then, the new web page opens. Select ‘LL Test for Online Applications’.
- Enter the Web Application Number and the applicant’s date of birth (in dd/mm/yy format)
- In a new tab, a calendar with the available slots will open up. Select the date to check for availability before confirming the appointment for the test.
- Click ‘confirm’, after that an acknowledgement will be displayed on the screen.
The applicant is to be present at the test centre at the appointed time with the original documents and the confirmation receipt.
Fees for DL and LL
You can pay the fee through SBI Challan or by any other banking facility Online. The costs for the different categories of a licence are specified below:
|Permit Type||Fee (in Rupees)||*Revised Fee – January – 2017|
|Learner’s Licence||Rs. 30 – Rs. 75 per licence||Rs.150.00|
|Driving Licence||Rs. 40.00||Rs.200.00|
|Driver’s license for commercial vehicle||Rs. 250.00||Rs.600.00|
|International Driving Licence fee||Rs. 500.00||Rs.1,000.00|
|DL Renewal Fee||Rs. 50.00||Rs.200.00|
|LL Renewal Fee||Rs. 40.00||Rs.200.00|