Laptop Bhagya Scheme for SC/ST Students by Karnataka Government
The state government of Karnataka launched a new scheme for SC/ST Students named ‘Laptop Bhagya Scheme.’
What is Laptop Bhagya Scheme?
The Karnataka Social Welfare department decided to offer free laptops for the SC/ST students who are practicing specialized courses. As per the statistics, about 36,000 SC/ST students of the state of Karnataka are pursuing specialized courses at present. These students will be given free laptops from state government under Laptop Bhagya scheme.
Under the Laptop Bhagya Scheme
- The state government of Karnataka is providing free laptops at an expenditure of 112 crores.
- The candidates or students of SC/ST class pursuing specialized courses like degree, engineering, diploma all will be provided free laptops under the scheme.
- Laptop giving out will be started as soon as possible.
- Registration for Laptop Bhagya Scheme began in 2017.
- The Chief Minister of Karnataka said that best quality laptops would be given to the students.
- The cost of each laptop will be 32,000 to 35,000 Indian Rupees.
- This scheme is going to launch second time in Karnataka.
- The distribution of free laptops started within 15 Days of registration.
- Laptop Bhagya scheme is an initiative under special component Plan and Tribal Sub Plan.
- One major rule of the plan is that students have to return the laptops after the completion of the course.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Laptop Bhagya Scheme
- Students must belong to Schedule caste & Schedule tribe community
- He/she must be fresher/ the First-year student in a professional course.
- Students must be registered and enrolled in state government colleges.
- The student must be an Andhra Pradesh native.
The Main Objectives of the Laptop Bhagya Scheme
- The government started this Yojana to give confidence to the students towards education.
- The main motto of the Laptop Bhagya Yojana is student’s growth in academics.
- Karnataka government launched this ambitious scheme to stimulate and connect students with technology.
- To help students in their studies through technology and make them introduce to higher levels of education.
- For growing excitement among students in their studies with world class knowledge.
- To deflect students’ mind towards present education technology & IT.
- To make them aware of the present technological changes around them and help them adapt them.