Ladli Laxmi Scheme launched by the Goa Government
What is Ladli Laxmi Scheme Goa?
Goa State Government has launched a scheme in association with Women and Child Welfare department for girls named as Ladli Laxmi Scheme. Under this scheme, the state government of Goa shall provide financial help of Rs. 1 Lac for girls’ marriage who are 18 years or above.
The girls who are between the age group of 18 to 40 years are eligible for this scheme. The State Government has sanctioned a fund of Rs. 150 crores for this scheme and five banks enrolled with the Women and Child Welfare department for Ladli Laxmi Scheme.
Objectives of the scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to create positive thinking about the girl child among the Indian society, improvement in gender ratio and providing financial help to girls for their marriage.
- This scheme has been started with an aim of the betterment of health and educational status of the girls in the State.
- To provide them better future,
- To prevent female feticide,
- To bring the positive attitude among people towards girl child birth.
- Another aim of the scheme is to overcome financial difficulties faced by the parents during their daughter’s marriage.
Around 10,000 marriages are registered every year in Goa. The government will deposit money on their name in the bank, which can be withdrawn after showing the marriage certificate and declaration of the marriage.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits of financial assistance of Rs. 1 Lac to girls for their marriage.
- Girls who are between the age group of 18-40 years are benefitted under this scheme.
- Candidate must be girl
- Candidate must be resident of Goa
- Only girls are eligible for this scheme
- Girls must be between 18-40 years of age
- Candidate must be a resident of Goa state, residing there for more than 15 years.
- Identity proof ex. Aadhaar card
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Address proof/Certificate of the candidate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Education certificate
- Self Certified copy of the Civil Marriage Registration Certificate
- School leaving certificate of the parents
- Bank account details
- Passport size photos
- Candidate should fill the application form and attach all essential documents.
- After, submit the application form to the Director of Women and Child Development office in Goa.