Know How to Apply Online for Latest Scholarship Schemes through NSP
Apply Online for Latest Scholarship Schemes through National Scholarship Portal
What is NSP?
National Scholarships Portal or NSP is a one-stop solution for aspiring candidates through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to students are enabled.
National Scholarship portal (NSP) was started by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narender Modi.
National Scholarship Portal has been taken as Mission Mode under the National e-Governance Plan (NEGP) project. The aim of this initiative is to provide a mission-oriented, simplistic, accountable, responsive and transparent “smart” system through which a quick and effectively disposing of scholarship application can be possible and the funds can be directly credited to the accounts of the recipients without any seepage.
Objectives of NSP
- To assure timely payment of Scholarships to students
- Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments
- Create a transparent database of scholars
- Avoid replication in processing
- Synchronization of different Scholarships schemes & norms
- Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
Benefits of NSP
- Simplified process for the students
- All scholarships information available under one unit
- Single integrated application for all scholarships
- Improved transparency
- System suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible
- Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
- Helps in standardization
- Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level
- Scholarships processing
- Serves as a decision support system (DSS) for Ministries and departments as up-to-date information will be available on demand.
- Wide-ranging MIS System to assist monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery of funds
In a summarization, benefits by the NSP to students:
Simplified process for students
- All information regarding scholarships available at one place
- One integrated application for all scholarships
- System shows the scheme for which the student is eligible
- Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent.
Helps in Standardization
- Master data for all-India level institutions and courses
- Scholarship Processing
Online Scholarship Schemes
Students require financial assistance to engage in higher education. Due to the fact that higher education is getting more expensive than ever, it is getting harder for students to bear such an expense on their own to get into any desired course and college. Therefore, the Government of India provides financial help by giving them scholarships.
Services Available in National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Information about latest scholarship schemes
- Eligibility Criteria of the ongoing Schemes
- Student registration, institute / college registration
- Student status and Grievance Redress Inquiry
- Student application verification/scrutiny
- Merit list (where applicable)
- Scheme configuration
For applying on NSP Click Here