- 1 Know Full Details About Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana Of The Central Govt.
- 1.1 What is Sansad Adarsh Gram?
- 1.2 Features under the scheme:
- 1.3 The scheme shall provide the following mentioned to the villages across India:
- 1.4 Major Aims of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- 1.5 The Plan of the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- 1.6 Funding for The Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Know Full Details About Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana Of The Central Govt.
Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is an ambitious scheme of Central government of India. This scheme is like the other central Govt. scheme such as PMAY Rural/Urban- Housing For All and Adarsh Gram Yojana.
What is Sansad Adarsh Gram?
This scheme was launched on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11th October 2014 with an intention to develop villages. This development of villages also included rather big issues such as social development, cultural development. This scheme also targets to spread motivation among the people on the social mobilization of the village community.
Features under the scheme:
- The main objective of PM Narendra Modi is to cover up 2,500 villages by 2019 under this scheme.
- One of the definite and clear features of this scheme is that here each Member of Parliament (MP) will take up the responsibility of providing infrastructure and developing three villages by 2019.
- There are about 800 MPs across the country; therefore if each MP will adopt three villages and take the liability of the development of the villages then nearly 2,500 villages will be instinctively developed by the year 2019.
- The State Governments should also create schemes in the same manner and more villages can be covered under this program.
- All the undeveloped villages will be developed by this scheme and transformed into Model Villages.
- This program will ensure the provision of Aadhaar cards to all villagers.
- SAGY will also provide insurance schemes like Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and universal access to the Public Distribution System to eligible families for social security, old-age, disability and widow pensions.
The scheme shall provide the following mentioned to the villages across India:
- Safe Water Supply
- Adequate Electricity Supply
- Adequate Education System
- Broadband connectivity including CCTVs in public areas.
- Smart schools with IT-enabled classrooms, e-libraries, and web-based teaching
- New Schemes and scholarship programs for the students to encourage them.
- Concrete Houses for the people of the villages.
- Basic health care facilities to all with the health care, medical examination, and total immunization and much more.
Major Aims of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
The main aim of the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is to develop all the villages which need improvement. This aim of the scheme shall be fulfilled by giving the villages all the basic facilities such as electricity supply, water supply, education, social education, health programs, employment programs etc. The rendering of such basic amenities to the residents of these villages will subsequently develop and by the development of the villages the country will also develop at an international level.
The objectives of the scheme can be summed up in the below mention points:
- Improved basic amenities
- Higher productivity
- Enhanced human development
- Better livelihood opportunities
- Access to rights and entitlements
- Enriched social capital
The Plan of the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
The Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana was started to bring the members of parliament of all the political parties under the same umbrella. This was done so that they would take the responsibility of developing a physical and institutional infrastructure of the villages of the country and turn them into model villages.
Under this scheme, the Members of Parliament have to select 3 villages except for their own village or their in laws village and fix structure and make them model villages by the time the next general elections come along in 2019, and thereafter, set themselves ten-year-long village or rural improvement projects. Villages will be provided smart schools, universal access to basic health facilities and Pakka houses to homeless villagers.
Funding for The Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Funds from existing schemes, such as the Indira Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri – Gram Sadak Yojana, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, and Backward Regions Grant Fund, etc.,
- The Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS),
- The gram panchayat’s own revenue,
- Central and State Finance Commission Grants, and
- Corporate Social Responsibility funds.