Know about Teerth Darshan Yojana for Senior Citizens of Haryana State
Tourism Department of Haryana has come up with a scheme for senior citizens of the state. The scheme is named as Teerth Darshan Yojana under which the government will take the senior citizens for the tour of holy places. The scheme was launched on April 1st, 2017.
Important points under the scheme:
- The Haryana State Government has launched the ‘Teerth Darshan Yojana’ (TDY) for providing the benefits to the senior citizens of the state.
- The Tourism Minister, Ram Bilas Sharma has prepared this scheme.
- This scheme holds valid only for the people who are above 60 years.
- Under this scheme, the Haryana state government will provide the benefits of Rs 1 Lac Rupees to the senior citizens of the state.
- Any citizen of above 60 years age of any religion can take the benefits of the scheme.
- The tourism minister of the state said that families belonging to BPL or non-BPL category will have to give only 30% cost of the expense of travel rest 70% will be born by the state government of Haryana.
- The expense of Teerth Darshan Yojana will be taken care by the tourist ministry of the state.
The aim of the scheme:
- The main of this scheme is to provide religious support to the people of India who wish take a tour to their respective holy places but are unable to do so because of lack of finance.
- In other words, this scheme is being run for the poor people who are unable to go to holy places and monuments due to lack of money.
- Under this scheme, the state government of Haryana will provide the offer to travel to 250 people at one time.
- The state government will provide the benefit to 1 Lac senior citizen of the state.