Know About Annapurna Rasoi Yojana- Rajasthan
A new and an impressive scheme launched by the state Government of Rajasthan is the Annapurna Rasoi Yojana. It is a type of a meal scheme. It focuses to provide subsidized meal in the state. It has been launched with the tagline “Sabke liye bhojan, sabke liye sammaan which literally means ‘Food for all, respect for all’.
Inauguration of the scheme
The scheme was launched by the chief minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje by feeding a bite to a Dalit and a Gurjar woman at Jaipur Municipal Corporation campus. The scheme is implemented through Jeevan Sambal Trust.
The main objective of Annapurna Rasoi Yojana
- The main aim of the scheme is to provide food to all those looking for food they can afford.
- The scheme will first and foremost help laborers, rickshaw pullers, auto-rickshaw drivers, students, working women, senior citizens, and others to have breakfast and lunch at affordable rates.
Cost of Meal under the Annapurna Rasoi Yojana
The cost of the meal under the Annapurna Rasoi Yojana is quite nominal.
- The Breakfast under the Annapurna Rasoi Yojana is sold at just Rs. 5
- The lunch is available for Rs. 8 only.
- The actual cost of the meal would be Rs. 23.70 for lunch and Rs 21.70 for breakfast.
- The customers have to bear only Rs. 5 and Rs. 8 for breakfast and lunch respectively while rest will be funded by the state government.
Meal under the Annapurna Rasoi Yojana would be provided through 80 special vans as of now. The scheme at present has been launched at just divisional headquarters in 12 districts. However, it will be extended to cover the whole state following success in these districts.
Let us have a look on the districts where the scheme has been launched:
No. of Vans
Jaipur will have the highest number of vans, as much as 25 vans to provide subsidized food under the Annapurna Rasoi Yojana.
The scheme is an effort towards the betterment of the country. This shall ensure better hygiene and food possibilities for the people who cannot afford a decent meal twice a day. Such schemes should be launched and executed in a great manner in order to provide basic amenities like food and shelter to the underprivileged.