Jan Aushadi Yojana Information
Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Scheme complete details, steps and process to apply by downloading & filling the Application Form from the site. Guide to Open Jan Aushadi Store.
The availability of fine quality medicine at affordable prices fulfills a necessity for the citizens of any country. That is why Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Yojana aims to provide every person who is in need of medicine. The Department of Pharmaceuticals in India has taken an initiative to provide generic medicinal drugs to the general public at lower prices than available in the market. It is a huge step towards improving the healthcare facilities available in the nation and also increasing the accessibility of the common man to high-quality medicine that would otherwise be very expensive.
PRADHAN MANTRI JAN AUSHADI YOJANA
This scheme revolved around the Generic Drugs. A generic drug is a medicine that is equivalent in chemical composition to a branded or otherwise popularly available drug. It is generally named same as the chemical name of the drug. A generic drug should be comparable to a modern medicine when it comes to quality, strength, dosage and performance. Also, since the generic drug is not affiliated with a certain brand, it will be available at a lesser rate than the equivalent branded drug.
In India, the production of generic medicines is permitted after the completion of a patent period of 20 years. Therefore, it is of great help not only to the average consumer but the pharmacist as well. The generic medicines are also helpful in reducing the price of competing branded drugs in the market.
JAN AUSHADI YOJANA CAMPAIGN
The Jan Aushadi Campaign has launched in India in association with an expert task force that comprises of senior officers in various pharmaceutical related fields. The Department of Pharmaceuticals, various NGOs, Pharma Company CEOs, doctors from reputed institutions, State government representatives as well as the WHO, who plays a keen role in the establishment and working of the Jan Aushadi Yojana.
This action is a part of the Corporate Social Responsibilities agenda of the Central Pharma Sector Undertakings or CPSU. For opening a Jan Aushadi Yojana store, the first step is to fill out the related Jan Aushadi Yojana Application Form.
The scheme focuses on the following agendas:
- Ensure the quality of medication available throughout the country.
- Allowing the access to CPSU supplies provides availability of drugs in the nation.
- Performing testing by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories or the NABL ensures the quality of the medicines.
- The budget plan for the Jan Aushadi store is estimated at 35 crores which allow the extension of the coverage of quality medicines.
- Encouraging both the public and private health care systems to participate in the scheme for allowing a wider reach.
OPEN A JAN AUSHADI STORE – HOW TO APPLY?
The government as of now encourages organisations or people to open new medical stores, which are a part of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Yojana. There is, however, an individual list of specifications that have to be met before you can apply to open a Jan Aushadi store.
- Applicants should have a place with the minimum area of 120 square feet to open the store.
- A retail drug license is mandatory for the identification of active taxpayer or TIN number.
- Any candidate must mandatorily either be a pharmacist or must have employment in the particular field.
- An updated and audited account which is maintained for the last three years is important and also, an applicant should be able to produce sales returns and bank statements for this duration.
- If you are also interested in opening Jan Aushadi Yojana Medical Store, you can visit THIS PAGE. All the guidelines as pdf file are available there.