Important Documents Required for Pan Card
Every document issued by the government is essential for the identification of a person. And, Personal Account Number (PAN) card is one such document.
Like all other government issued proofs, PAN card also requires applicants to submit a particular set of documents for identification purposes. Applications for PAN card can be made either online or offline. There are two types of application forms available for the purpose. First one is form 49A and the other, for foreigners is form 49AA. Also, applications can be made both for new PAN as well as a reprint or correction of an existing PAN card.
The requirement of documents for each type of PAN application are different and can be separated based on the persons that are applying for it. Take a look at the various sets of documents required by the citizens to obtain PAN.
Proof of Identity required while applying for PAN Card
Following are the papers out of which any one can be submitted as identity proof:
- Copy of voter’s identity card
- Ration card with the applicant’s photograph
- A photocopy of passport
- A copy of driving license
- Arm’s license
- A copy of Aadhar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Photo identity card issued by the central government or state government or any other public sector undertaking.
- Central government health scheme card.
- Bank certificate containing an attested photograph of the applicant along with bank account number of the applicant.
- The copy of pensioner card having a photo of the candidate.
- Certificate of identity in original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal counsellor.
In the case of PAN card application for minors, any of the above documents either for parents or the minor can be submitted as proof of identity.
Address Proof Needed to Apply for PAN Card
A copy of the following documents that can be submitted as address proof:
- One copy of electricity bills
- A copy of landline bills
- A copy of broadband connection bill
- Bank account statements
- Credit card statement
- Post office passbook featuring address of the applicant
- Passport of spouse
- Voter identity card with photograph
- Latest order for property tax assessment
- Driving license
- Domicile certificate issued by government
- Aadhaar card allotted by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIAI).
- Allotment letter
If submitting a copy of one of the first five documents, the documents should not be more than three months old.
Date of Birth Proof Required for PAN Card Application
Any document that specifies the date of birth or age of the applicant serves the purpose. This document should include one of those listed below.
- Birth certificate certified by the Municipal Authority or any office authorised to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths or the Indian Consulate.
- Pension payment order
- Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages.
- Matriculation certificate by high school.
- Original Driving License; or
- Domicile certificate issued by the central or state government.
- An affidavit signed by a magistrate stating the date of birth.
Note: Form 49AA, which is meant for the foreigners specifies the document required for PAN card. Hence, all the details needed while applying for PAN are according to form 49A which is for Indian citizen.