What is Aadhaar Card?
A central government agency of India, UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India came up with an objective to collect biometric and demographic data of all the residents of India in a centralized database. As a conclusion for this objective, they came up with Aadhaar Card which is not just any card but the world’s largest national identification number project. The project started in 2009 under the Planning Commission of India.
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique identity number. It is the unique proof of identity of individuals but not citizenship issued by the government of India after collecting the biometric details like fingerprints and iris scan of the people. It can be used anywhere in India and it has all the information on the front of the card like Name, Sex, Date of Birth, along with QR code and Aadhaar number. A QR Code is printed to verify the originality of the card. This code contains all the information of the card holder in electronic form. Additional informational like address, father’s name are printed on the back side of the card. The details are printed both in Hindi and English.
Aadhaar Card being the largest identification number project is efficient enough to remove a large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases. It is easily verifiable in and online and cost effective way.
How to update mobile number online?
Enter the step by step instructions given below to update mobile number in Aadhaar Card.
- Visit the online portal of UIDAI https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- A page with title “Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal” will be displayed.
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhaar number mentioned on your Aadhaar Card.
- Enter the Captcha image given on the page. Make sure you enter it correctly.
- Then click on ‘Send OTP’.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number you mentioned while filling up the application form.
- On the next page, enter the OTP that was sent to your existing mobile number.
- After that, a new page asking for Details to be updated.
- Under ‘Select field to update’, select ‘Mobile Number’.
- Now enter your Mobile Number you want to update and click on submit and update.
- Then verify and not down the URN displayed or take out a print for it might be needed in future.
How to update mobile number offline?
If you do not have proper access to the internet or a computer then you can update your mobile number offline also. Mention the step by step instructions given below update mobile number.
- Download the Update/Correction PDF form from the link given http://cdn.aadharcardkendra.org.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/aadhar-data-update-correction-form-request-through-post.pdf
- Take a print of the form and select “Mobile” option from the first field.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number and then fill up all the details as on your Aadhaar Card. Make sure you enter all the details correctly.
- Now, enter your mobile number that you want to add in Aadhaar Card.
- You need to mention the type of ‘document of identity’ and attach the same document that proves your identity. Write your Aadhaar Number on the document and sign on it. After filling all the information properly check the form twice.
- Put the duly filled form in an envelope.
- On top of your envelope, write “Aadhaar Update/Correction”. Do not forget to mention your name and address on the envelope.
- Send the Update/Correction form along with documents on below mentioned Addresses.
Address 1: UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
Address 2: UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.