Paytm is an Indian e-commerce website with its headquarters in Noida, India. Paytm is an acronym for “Pay through Mobile” with Android, Windows and iOS apps. It is owned by One97 Communications and was launched in 2010. Paytm offers mobile recharge, bill payment and e-commerce with products similar to other e-commerce websites such as Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal etc. In 2015 it took a step ahead and added bus travel booking. It also partnered with Cinepolis in 2016 and started offering movie ticket booking.
It is now India’s largest mobile payment service platform with over 100 million wallets & 10 million app downloads. According to data shared by App Annie, a mobile-tracking website, Amazon has taken the second position from Paytm in terms of mobile downloads.
To start using Paytm, you can visit www.Paytm.com or you can download the app from play store. If you have a Smartphone then download the app for convenience. After downloading the app, install it and open it. Login using your username and password. Of you have not registered before then register online. You can do that using your email id. After registering successfully log in. Now you can start using the paytm features. Either you can make the payment directly using your credit card or debit card or you can add money to your paytm wallet. For adding money in your paytm wallet you can make the payment through debit card, credit card, net banking, ATM or IMPS.
You can use your Paytm wallet cash for many things like:
- Recharge mobile phones
- Recharge Data cards
- Recharge Dth
- Pay bill of electricity
- Pay bill of landline/broadband
- Pay bill of Gas
- Pay bill of postpaid mobile
- Book bus tickets
- Online shopping from 5000+ products and much more way.
How to recharge mobile?
- Open paytm app on your Smartphone or on your computer using the link given https://paytm.com/
- A new page will be displayed where you will see the option of ‘Recharge or pay bill.’
- For recharge first select whether your phone is prepaid or postpaid.
- Then enter your mobile number.
- In the next field enter your operator from the drop down menu.
- Now put in the amount with which you wish to recharge your mobile.
- In the next field, you can also browse through the various plans offered by your network. Go through them and then select accordingly.
- Then proceed to recharge.
- Mention your card number and CVV number of your credit card or debit card.
- A one-time password will be sent to your mobile number.
- Mention the one-time password in the next step for verification.
- This completes the process and your phone will be recharged.
- A message will be sent to the mobile number you mentioned while registering on paytm regarding the recharge. An email will also be sent regarding the same.