State Bank of India (SBI) is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is a government owned bank and currently has headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. State Bank of India is in the list of Big Four Banks of Indi along with ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda and Punjab National Bank. State Bank of India is a banking behemoth and has 20% market share in deposits and loans among Indian commercial banks.
Normally online recharges can be done through h many different sources like from the official website of the mobile network or from third party websites. State Bank of India is a leading bank in the country and very well known for its online facilities. So apart from its regular online facilities, it has also provided the service of instant mobile recharge called SBI Instapay Mobile Recharge. Its interface is quite easy to use and every customer of SBI should try out this feature to recharge their mobiles in a few steps.
Since we have a large number of portals who are providing their services for mobile recharge, there should be some reason to migrate from their services to SBI Insta pay. The cause is simple. It has a clean and neat interface without any registration and can complete the process in very few steps. SBI Instapay allows users to recharge their mobile who are with Aircel, Airtel, BSNL Cellone, Idea Cellular Ltd, Loop Mobile (India) Limited, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd., Reliance Infocomm CDMA & GSM, Tata Docomo CDMA, Tata Teleservices Limited (Tata Indicom) and Uninor.
How to use SBI Instapay?
Customers of State Bank of India can pay their utility bills like Electricity bills, LPG Landline Telephone (Airtel & MTNL), Postpaid and Prepaid Mobile Recharges, Credit Card, DTH, Insurance Premium, Donations. SBI gives ease to pay the above-mentioned bills directly from home at a single place. Follow the steps mentioned below to use the Instapay service.
- First, visit Online SBI Instapay website through the link given https://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgmerc/instpy/SBIIndex.jsp
- Select the “Type of Payment” that you wish to do.
- Select your mobile network in this step.
- Go on to select Region, Prepaid Mobile Number, Recharge Amount then Payment Option like SBI Net Banking, Debit card or IMPS.
- Enter the payment details in next step to complete the process.
List of customer care number
- 1860 180 1290 (toll-free)
- 1800 180 1290 (toll-free)
- (city code of the area you want to call) + 39 02 02 02
- 1800 180 1295 (SBI railway credit card toll-free number)
- 39 02 12 12 (prefix the city code) – SBI railway credit card customer care