Reliance Communications is an Indian Internet access and telecommunications company with its headquarters in Mumbai. It provides CDMA, GSM (Voice, 2G, and 3G) mobile services and broadband and DTH services. Currently, it is the fourth largest telecom operator in India with average subscribers of 109.90 million.
Reliance has now come up with Reliance Jio where customers can get 10 GB of 4G data only in Rs 93. This special offer is currently available for RCom CDMA customers with select plans. Nearly 90 percent of reliance subscribers who use reliance 4G would be eligible to use this special offer. It is the least expensive 4G plan when compared to other 4G plans provided by other telecommunications company. The band spectrum used in 850 MHz.
The Jio Sim is available for free and the customers need to submit their KYC documents to get the Sim. You can to any Reliance store nearby to acquire the Jio Sim. It comes with many other features and accessories like JioBeats, JioOnDemand, JioExpress, JioDrive, JioMoney etc.
- The JioBeats system will also play a major role in this service. The JioBeats system lets people load up and play back all sorts of online music files.
- JioOnDemand will also offer quick videos that will be really easy to upload. The videos will be off latest in music, sports, news and much more.
- JioExpress News also works with the 4G CDMA network to give a person quick news updates on everything that is of interest to them.
- JioDrive will allow people to save various amounts of data on the cloud network. The 4G CDMA network lets people quickly get access to the assorted amounts of data that are on the cloud network so people can easily load up more items at a time.
- People can even spend the money they save with the JioMoney system. This links people payment information to different vendors.
However, if you don’t wish to get a new number and carry on with your old number, then this is also possible. You can switch from your existing network to Reliance Jio. Follow the step by step instructions given below to port your number.
- First, you need to request your current operator to port out your sim. Send a text message to your current operator saying PORT and send it to 1900.
- You will then receive a unique porting code from 1901. Make sure you note it down carefully as it would be required later. This will be valid for next 15 days.
- After this head to any Reliance Mobile Store and fill up the customer application form. You will be required to fill the porting code in here.
- Submit the documents required.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- You will now be issued a new Reliance Jio sim card. Once activated, this SIM will use the same phone number you already had, and your old SIM will be deactivated. The Reliance Jio SIM could take up to 7 days to activate, and a fee of Rs. 19 will be charged. During porting, your number might be dead for about two hours (sometime between 10pm and 5am) before the new Reliance Jio SIM gets activated. Once your current SIM starts showing ‘No Service’, it’s likely time to put in your new Reliance Jio sim.