How to link PAN with Aadhaar through a Simple SMS
The government has made it compulsory to link the Aadhar Card number with your PAN card. There are various ways by which one can link these two card number. Below mentioned are the methods of linking Aadhar card with PAN card. Have a look!
The simplest method: Linking PAN with Aadhaar through SMS
The Income Tax Department has also provided an SMS facility to link PAN with Aadhaar.
You can do it by sending a message to 567678 or 56161.
The format for the message is as follows:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar ><Space><10 digit PAN>
UIDPAN 121233223322 AAAAAE456E
There are other ways as well to link Aadhar Card with PAN, these are:
A Simple 2 Step Process is all you need to link your PAN with Aadhar Card.
- Visit the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website and click ‘Link Aadhaar’ on top of the services section
- Provide PAN, Aadhaar Number, and name as written on Aadhaar Card.
- Enter Captcha and submit.
- The visually challenged user can request OTP instead of the captcha.
Log in to link PAN and Aadhaar
Login to the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website.
- Register if not already registered.
- Log in to your account with user ID and password.
- On logging in to the website, a pop-up window will appear that will prompt you to link PAN with Aadhaar.
- Your personal details like name date of birth and gender will be mentioned as you had submitted at the time of registration.
- Match the details with details in your Aadhaar card.
- If the details are correct, enter your Aadhaar card number and captcha code and click the ‘Link Now’ button.
- A pop with message “Aadhaar Pan linking is completed successfully’ will appear.