The government of India has started the linking of the Aadhaar Card with other government issued documents to reduce the misuse of identity. The linking is not a tough process and depends on the type of document you are linking. Presently Aadhaar Card can be linked with the following:
- Voter ID
- Bank Account
- LPG Connection
- Set Top Box
- Pension Account
- Scholarship Account
The government is also planning to link Aadhaar Card with the following documents in the near future:
- Marriage Certificate
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Kisan Credit Card
- NREGA job card
- Driving license
- Property Lease
- Service ID Card
- Armed license
The Unique Identification Authority of India is providing both online and offline methods to link Aadhaar Card with various government documents and schemes.
To stop the use of fake voter ID cards government has started the linking of aadhaar card with voter ID card. The linking process can be completed online as well as offline. The government has also started door to door services for the linking process.
1. Link through National Voter’s Service Portal
- Open the website of National Voter’s Service Portal by clicking on the link given http://www.electoralsearch.in/
- Put in your name in the name field and fill in all the other details asked.
- After you have entered all the details an option of “matching details” will be shown. Click on it to confirm all your other details.
- When you have checked all your details and confirmed them, click on “Feed Aadhaar No.” button.
- Again fill in all the details asked. Name, Voter ID, Aadhaar No, and mobile number.
- Now in “Select Owner” box, you can choose as self/relative/friend or service provider as per the convenience.
- After filling all the details click on “submit” button.
- You will then receive a message that your Aadhaar Card has been successfully linked with your voter ID card.2.
2. Link through SMS
Aadhaar Card can also be linked by sending SMS on 166 or 51969.
3. Link through call center
The government of India has also provided the facility of completing the linking process through a call center. All you have to do is call a call center and they will guide you through.
4. Link through offline mode
If either of the above-given options does not seem appropriate to you, you have one more option of contacting BLO (Block level officers)/ERO/AERO/DEO or District Election Office and they will also guide you through.
Your Aadhaar number can also be updated with any of your bank accounts. The main benefit of linking Aadhaar Card with a bank account is LPG Subsidy. It goes straight to your bank account after linking. This can be done online as well as offline.
1. Link through net banking services
It is not necessary that all the banks provide this service, but most of the banks do. If you are availing net banking services, you can link your Aadhaar Card using the same.
2. Link through SMS
It can also be linked through the SMS services provided by the bank. Send SMS to the number provided by the bank and your Aadhaar Card will get linked. Generally, the number used for banks is 51969.
3. Link through branch
Every bank provides these services free of cost. So you need to worry about the fees. One way is to directly go the branch office and request them to link your bank account with your Aadhaar Card.
Public Sector Banks Offering Aadhaar Linking:
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank
Other Public Sector Banks Offering Aadhaar Linking:
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- IDBI Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Dena Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank and Post Bank of India
Private Sector Banks for Aadhaar Linking:
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- City Union Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Federal Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Nainital Bank
- Ratnakar Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Yes Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Induslnd Bank
- Development Credit Bank
The government has given all the LPG companies instructions to link all the customers Aadhaar Cards with LPG Consumer’s account. There are various ways LPG connection can be linked to Aadhaar Card.
1. Linking through LPG Subsidy form
All you have to do is fill in your Aadhaar card details in the form and the distributor will complete the rest of the formalities.
2. Linking through SMS
Send SMS on the number provided to you by the LPG Company. You can also contact the LPG Distributor regarding this.
3. Linking through phone call
You can call the toll free number 1800 2333 555 and take any help you want regarding the linking process.
4. Linking Online
- Visit the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India through the link https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/user/residentselfseedingpds.aspx
- A “Resident Self Service” page will open.
- In “step1” select your state and district.
- In “step 2” chose the benefit type as LPG Subsidy, and then select the company name.
- In “step 3” select distributor name and consumer number.
- In “step 4” enter email ID, Mobile No, and Aadhaar Number. Then click on the “submit” button.
- After all these steps your Aadhaar card will be linked with your LPG connection.