Aadhaar Card by Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI is the world largest national identification number project. This 12 digit number is a unique identity proof of all the individuals throughout the country. Sometimes it happens that people tend to lose their original Aadhaar Card. So the UIDAI has given the facility of downloading another copy of Aadhaar Card as duplicate aadhaar. The downloaded copy will also have the same value as the original one.
There are two ways one can download his or her copy of Aadhaar Card from the UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India official website. The first way is by entering the enrollment number from the enrollment ID along with date and time on the website. But in case you do not have your enrollment number, you will have to enter your Aadhaar Card number. You can see the aadhaar card number from the photocopy you must have kept of your original copy of Aadhaar Card.
Follow the steps given below to get your duplicate copy.
- Go to the official UIDAI website. Go on the link given https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- There you will see two options. Select the “Enrollment Id” option if you have enrollment Id and select the “Aadhaar” option if you have aadhaar card number.
- Enter enrollment Id/Aadhaar Card number in the text box.
- Enter date and time in case you have selected enrollment Id.
- In the next fields, fill in your name, area pin code and other information.
- In “Enter OTP” put in the OTP i.e. one-time password, you received on your mobile phone. Keep in mind that the mobile phone number would be the one you mentioned in your application form.
- Once you have put in the entire information click on “Validate and download”.
- After completing all the steps, the duplicate copy of your Aadhaar Card will get saved on your computer.
- The file saved will be in the PDF format. When you open the document, in the password field put in your area pin code.