A central government agency of India, UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India came up with an objective to collect biometric and demographic data of all the residents of India in a centralized database. As a conclusion for this objective, they came up with Aadhaar Card which is not just any card but the world’s largest national identification number project. The project started in 2009 under the Planning Commission of India.
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique identity number. It is the unique proof of identity of individuals but not citizenship issued by the government of India after collecting the biometric details like fingerprints and iris scan of the people. It can be used anywhere in India and it has all the information on the front of the card like Name, Sex, Date of Birth, along with QR code and Aadhaar number. A QR Code is printed to verify the originality of the card. This code contains all the information of the card holder in electronic form. Additional informational like address, father’s name are printed on the back side.
Only one Aadhaar card per family is not enough, every member has to get his or her own Aadhaar Card. Each Aadhaar Card number issued will be unique to each and every individual and will remain valid for life. There is no need to renew the Aadhaar card in future. Aadhaar Card by Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI is not compulsory but completely optional for all the citizens of India. But still, it is recommended to get it issued, to be able to avail the benefits of government schemes like Pahal DBTL Scheme for getting a subsidy in bank accounts and much more such schemes.
Aadhaar card enrolment centre are the offices of UIDAI where one can go and apply for Aadhaar enrolment. These are generally opened regionally. For enrolling for Aadhaar, one has to register at these centers along with the necessary documents and for other formalities of the process. These centers are run by UIDAI appointed registrars.
Locating the Aadhaar card enrolment centre nearest to you makes it easier for applying. You can also contact the concerned officials in case of any query.
Here is a simple process by which you can find your Aadhaar Card Centre for Enrolment and book appointments.
- Begin by opening the official online portal of UIDAI.
- Click on ‘Locate Enrolment Centre’ located on the left side of the page.
- A new page will be displayed. At the Enrolment centre search page, you will be required to enter the details of your address.
- Enter the state you live in, the district and your locality/ area.
- Then click on submit, and the results will be displayed to you.
- The search results give the following details about the nearest centre – Precise address, Name of the person you can contact, phone numbers, starting date of the centre and also the type of the centre.