What is voter ID card?
Issued by the election commission of India, the Indian Voter ID Card serves as an identity proof while casting votes in the electronic voting machine in Assembly, Lok Sabha and Municipal elections in India. It can be issued to all the citizens of the country who are above the age of 18 years. The voter ID card carries the personal details of the person whereas a unique identification number. Till now more than 450 million voter ID cards have been distributed all across the country.
How to fill the application form?
You can apply online as well as offline for the voter ID card. Although you will have to fill in the application form while applying online as well as applying offline. Follow the step by step instructions given below to fill in the application form correctly.
- Go to the online portal of National Voter’s Service Portal.
- While applying “form 6” will be displayed in front of you.
- Start by filling in the fields of “state” and “assembly/parliamentary/constituency”.
- Next, the applicant details would have to be filled in. Start by putting in your name and surname. It has to be mentioned in both Hindi and English. Make use of the popped up online keyboard to fill in the details in Hindi.
- Mention your gender in the next step.
- Fill in your date of birth in the next field. Either you can mention the date of birth or your age at present. In case mentioning your date of birth, mention the year first, then the month and then the day.
- Now fill in the place of birth details. Make sure the details should match the details on your birth certificate.
- Next enter father’s/mother’s/husband’s name and surname. Again you have to compulsorily type in both English and Hindi. Select the correct relation.
- In the next field fill in the details of your address. Make sure you mention it very carefully without any mistakes.
- Now in the next field mention, the details of the family member already included in the electoral roll of the constituency. The photo identity card number of the member will also have to be mentioned.
- Now in the next step upload the supporting documents of proof of identity and proof of address.
Proof of Address Documents
- Electricity/Water Bill
- Statement issued by Bank
- MTNL / BSNL Telephone bills
- Bank Passbooks
- Driving License
- Ration Card
Proof of Identity Documents
- 10th Standard passing certificate
- Birth certificate issued by the civic agency of your state or any other appropriate document signifying the voter’s age.
- School Leaving Certificate Specifying Age
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Senior Citizen Card (if applicable)
- Aadhaar Card
- Kissan Card
- In the declaration section, select the date from which you are residing in your current address. This date can also be tentative. Select, whether you are registering for the first time or your name has been enrolled earlier.
- Finally, fill in the place and date of registration and then click on submit.
If at any point of time you want to stop while filling the form due to some emergency or work click on “save”. Your form fill is saved to the point you have filled it already on your computer. Whenever you open the website again the form will be retrieved as it is.