What is voter ID card?
The Voter ID Card is issued by the election commission of India and it serves as an identity proof while casting votes in the electronic voting machine in Assembly, Lok Sabha and Municipal election in India. The voter ID carries all the personal details of the holder of the card with a unique identification number. Till now more than 450 million voters ID cards have been made for the citizens all across the country. Any person who is above the age of 18 years is eligible for getting a voter ID card made. However bankrupt and mentally sick people over 18 years do not qualify to vote, therefore it is not issued to them.
How to download the your card online?
India comprises of 29 states and 7 union territories. It is very difficult to manage all of these together, so sometimes people face glitches in the delivery of voter ID card to their homes after applying for it. So to make the process of getting the voter ID card easier and hassle free, the election commission has provided the online provision. One can download his/her voter ID card online now. Follow the step by step instructions given below to download the voter ID card online.
- Go to the online portal of election commission called the National Voter’s Service Portal by clicking on the link given http://electoralsearch.in/
- A page will be displayed where you can search for your voter ID card by putting in the asked information.
- Fill in all the fields carefully. Make sure you do not make any mistakes.
- After putting in the entire information click on the button, at the end, saying “Search”.
- Again a page will be displayed showing your voter ID card. Make sure all the details are correctly mentioned. If not then apply to correct the information.
- Below it an option will be mentioned saying “print voter information”.
- Click on the option.
- Now automatically the voter ID card will get saved on your computer in PDF format which will enable you to take the print out whenever you want.
Also Check :-