Permanent Account Number (PAN) is unique to each individual and acts as a code of identification of Indians, especially those who pay income tax. Although it is an essential document one might find some wrong details added to it. May be a misspelled name, address or you might want to get your address or name changed. In such case, it is essential to get it corrected sooner or later as it directly affects your income tax refund. Never ignore the mistakes in your PAN Card, so one should also know exactly the mistakes apart from wrong address or name or change in address or name.
When to get PAN Card correction form?
- Error in Applicant’s name or spelling
- Error in Applicant’s father’s name
- Mistake in birth date
- Photograph image very unclear
- Unclear signature
- Discrepancy in printing of PAN number.
Applicants are recommended to mention carefully the corrections required in the PAN Card in the correction form while applying. In case, if you have applied for the changes, then it is essential to track the pan card status.
PAN Card correction procedure at NSDL
Follow the instruction given below and you will be able to make the corrections in your PAN Card applied through NSDL online portal.
- To go on the NSDL online portal click on the link given https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correction.html
- Read the guidelines mentioned properly to avoid further mistakes.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find “apply for new PAN Card or/and changes or correction in PAN data”.
- Select the application type from the drop down menu.
- Start filling in the form. Make sure you mention your PAN Card number and the changes or corrections you need.
- After you have completed the form click on “Submit” and the changes will be updated soon enough.
- You can check the status of your PAN card few days after you have filled the correction form.
PAN Card correction procedure at UTI
Follow the instruction given below and you will be able to make the corrections in your PAN Card applied through UTI online portal.
- Visit the official website if UTI through the link given https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/
- The home page will show a menu bar. Go over to the tab of downloads.
- A drop down menu will open with many options.
- Select the option saying “Change Request Application-CSF Form”.
- A PDF file will open displaying the PAN Card correction form.
- Take a print out of this form.
- Fill in the form correctly and submit the form to any nodal authorized by Income Tax Department for PAN Card issue.
- Make sure you fill the form correctly. Go through the instructions given along with the form.
- Attach the necessary documents of proof of identity, residential address and date of birth along with the form.
- The correction charges will have to be paid online and even a DD can be sent.
- Superscript your envelope as Application for PAN Change request – N -15 digit acknowledgment number.