It usually takes 80-90 days for Aadhaar Card by Unique Identification Authority if India to reach your place after you have registered for it and has received your enrollment ID. So to cut down on the wait, Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI have provided the facility of the downloading e-aadhaar card. Many times there are also cases when people misplace the first copy of Aadhaar Card they received via post. Now Aadhaar Card being a unique identification card has many benefits like a direct transfer of the LPG subsidy in your bank account, allow you to get a passport in 10 days, getting provident fund money and much more so it is very important for each and every citizen to have one. So in this case also the facility of e-aadhaar card seems rather useful.
One can now easily download the copy of Aadhaar Card and get it printed offline too. As the process of getting the Aadhaar Card is free so is the process of downloading it. Mentioned below are the steps you can follow to download your copy of Aadhaar Card.
The process to Get the UID number:
- If you have already noted the UID number from your Aadhaar card somewhere else, then it would be easier to get the copy but in case you have not, go to the official UIDAI website, UIDAI website.
- In the option of “You want to receive your lost” chose Aadhaar No (UID).
- Fill in all the personal details asked. Fill in Full Name, Email, Mobile Number and the security code. Make sure you type in the mobile number and email id you filled in the application form and are registered in the Aadhaar database.
- After filling in all the details click on “Get OTP”.
- The OTP i.e. one-time password will be delivered to your mobile phone.
- In the box “Enter OTP” mention the OTP you just received.
- Then click on “Verify OTP”.
- Now you will receive a message with your UID number i.e. your aadhaar card number.
Now that you have your UID number you can use to download the copy of your Aadhaar Card. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Process to download the Aadhaar Card
- Open the e-aadhaar page on the Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI website. Do it by clicking on the link mentioned, UIDAI website.
- Now fill in all the details asked. Enter your aadhaar card number, full name and the PIN code of your residential address.
- Enter the numbers in the field “Image”.
- Now click on the “Get one-time password”.
- The OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Make sure the mobile number is same you mentioned in the application form and which is stored in the aadhaar database.
- Now enter the OTP you received into the box “Enter OTP”.
- Now click on validate and download your very own copy of Aadhaar Card.