A central government agency of India, UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India came up with an objective to collect biometric and demographic data of all the residents of India in a centralized database. As a conclusion for this objective, they came up with Aadhaar Card which is not just any card but the world’s largest national identification number project. The project started in 2009 under the Planning Commission of India.
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique identity number. It is the unique proof of identity of individuals but not citizenship issued by the government of India after collecting the biometric details like fingerprints and iris scan of the people. It can be used anywhere in India and it has all the information on the front of the card like Name, Sex, Date of Birth, along with QR code and Aadhaar number. A QR Code is printed to verify the originality of the card. This code contains all the information of the card holder in electronic form. Additional informational like address, father’s name are printed on the back side.
Only one Aadhaar card per family is not enough, every member has to get his or her own Aadhaar Card. Each Aadhaar Card number issued will be unique to each and every individual and will remain valid for life. There is no need to renew the Aadhaar card in future. Aadhaar Card by Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI is not compulsory but completely optional for all the citizens of India. But still, it is recommended to get it issued, to be able to avail the benefits of government schemes like Pahal DBTL Scheme for getting a subsidy in bank accounts and much more such schemes.
Now in case you have lost your Aadhaar Card then you can download your new Aadhaar Card just by your registered e-mail ID. The Aadhaar portal has made the process simple enough.
Follow the step by step instructions given below to download your Aadhaar Card using your registered email id.
- Begin by clicking on the link mentioned https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- A new page will be displayed.
- Select the option of ‘Enrolment Id’ out of the two options mentioned on the top of the page.
- Now start entering the details asked. First, fill in your name and then email id. It is not mandatory to mention the mobile number. In case you do then make sure it is the one you mentioned while applying for the Aadhaar Card.
- Now enter the security code and click on ‘Get OTP’.
- After this, you will receive an OTP in the inbox of the email you just mentioned.
- Check your email, then enter the OTP in the box given and then click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- Now you will get your Enrolment Id in your email.
- Now that you have obtained the enrolment id, then you have access to downloading Aadhaar Card.
- Click on the link given and a new page will be displayed https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- From the tabs mentioned on the top of the page select on ‘Get Aadhaar’.
- After this again a new page will be displayed.
- Now select ‘Enrolment Id’ from the two options given on the top of the page.
- Then fill in all the details asked for name, pin code, mobile number etc. Make sure you fill in all the details correctly.
- Then click on ‘Get one-time password’ and you will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP after you receive it on your mobile number you mentioned, Validate and download the Aadhaar Card.
Tips to Remember
- For aadhaar card online download without mobile or enrollment number – always remember to GET ENROLLMENT NUMBER FIRST and not aadhaar number!! It is because you can give any mobile number to download aadhaar card online. If you get an aadhaar number then you have to give your registered mobile number.
- E-aadhar card is password protected and PINCODE is the password to open it.
- Write your aadhaar number in a safe place like so that it can be easily accessed in case of emergencies.