What is ration card?
Ration Card is a card issued by the government to the citizens of the country to buy subsidized food items such as wheat and rice and fuel like LPG and kerosene. They have turned out to be very helpful for the poor. It provides them with basic food items and also serves as an identity proof and provides a connection to the government database.
There are three types of ration card issued by the government of India:
1.BPL Ration Card:
It is basically for the families falling below the poverty line. Those who do not cross the income of 10,000 annually can apply for BPL Ration Card.
2. APL Ration Card:
It is basically for the families who fall above the poverty line. There is no income limit for this and anybody can apply for this ration card.
3. Antyodaya Ration Card
This is issued to the poorest family struggling to survive in the country. Unemployed people, woman and old people are covered under this category.
Why delete a name?
The process of deleting a name of the family member is not difficult and can be done easily and hassle free. Usually, it takes 7-15 days and verification of documents. The reasons why the name of the family member should be deleted are:
- Marriage of the girl in the family
- Death of a family member
- Division of family
- Any other reason
How to delete the name online?
Follow the step by step instructions given below to delete the name of the family member from ration card.
- Go to the official website of your state’s food and supply department.
- Find the link to delete the name of a family member.
- Click on the link and a page will be displayed showing the application form.
- Fill in the application form. Make sure you do it carefully without any mistakes.
- Submit the form after completing. Make sure you upload the documents asked.
- An official from food and supply department will verify the documents and may visit your residence for the same.
- This completes the process of getting the name of a family member deleted.
How to delete the name offline?
If one does not have proper access to the computer or the internet then the name can be deleted through the offline process also. Go to the local food and supply department and ask for the application form of name deletion. Fill in the application form given and attach the copy of the documents required. The fee of name deletion varies from state to state. However, usually, 5-10 Rs are taken for getting the name deleted. A receipt will be given to you in return. An official from food and supply department will verify the documents and may visit your residence for the same.
- Dully filled application form.
- Death certificate of the member whose name is to be deleted.
- Marriage certificate of the girl child.
- New passport size family photo.