Yahoo is a multinational American technology company with its headquarters in California. It was founded by Jerry Yang and David Filo in 1994 and was incorporated in 1995. t is globally known for its Web portal, search engine Yahoo! Search, and related services, including Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping, video sharing, fantasy sports, and its social media website. Yahoo! is the highest-read news and media website, with over 7 billion views per month, being the fourth most visited website globally, as of June 2015.
Yahoo offers a multi-lingual interface. The site is available in over 20 languages. The official directory for all of the Yahoo International sites is world.yahoo.com. The company’s international sites are wholly owned by Yahoo, with the exception of its Japan and China sites.
Yahoo Mail is a free email service offered by Yahoo!, the service is very popular worldwide because it provides 1TB of free mail storage, mobile support as well as apps for iOS and Android devices, and many more features that you can quickly access through your inboxes such as your very own notepad, calendar, search, instant messages, and contacts. Another appealing feature it provides is, you can personalize your inbox according to your own tastes. You can also organize your emails for convenience and hassle free work.
- Open the internet browser you are using and type in the address bar yahoo.com.
- Click on sign in at the top right corner of the page.
- A new page will be displayed. You cannot sign in as you don’t have a yahoo account, you need to create on. Click on ‘Sign up.’
- Now you begin creating your account. Mention all the details asked.
- First, mention your name (first name and last name). Then you have to choose your username and password. Make sure you type them correctly. If the email name that you requested in is not available, you’ll get a message saying that somebody already has that username and offering you some alternatives. You can decide to accept one of the alternatives or types in another name and check its availability once more. You will have to complete some of the other boxes again. You may have to do this a few times. Once you finalize your email address, it’s a good idea to make a note of it so that you can refer to it until you remember it.
- Confirm your new password for the verification process.
- In the next fields mention your birthday and gender and mobile number (optional).
- Now click on the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the registration form and you’re done!
After creating an account you will be able to login to start taking advantage of all the great tools and features that the service offers.
You can go through this process as many times as you want to create as many Yahoo Mail accounts as you want.