Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-character alpha-numeric identifier issued to each individual and is unique and acts as a code of identification of Indians. Issued by the Indian Income Tax Department it acts as an important proof of identification. The PAN Card can be obtained by a person who is above the age of 18 as well by commercial units. It is a powerful weapon for government and income tax department to keep a check on tax evasion and anti-social activities. The Permanent Account Number is unaffected by any change in domicile and valid throughout all the states of India. The PAN is delivered to the applicant in the Form of laminated Card.
Applying for PAN Card is quite easy and hassle-free and can be done online. One has to pay Rs. 105 if the communication address is in India and Rs. 971 if the communication address is outside India. Payment can be done via both online and offline modes. Documents of proof of address, proof of identity and date of birth are necessary while applying for PAN Card. One can apply at both NSDL and UTI online portals for PAN Card.
UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited – UTIITSL is a government owned entity and provider of technology and outsourcing services for major financial and other governmental sectors. If you have applied for PAN Card through UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited your PAN Card status can be tracked very easily and without much effort. PAN Card should be tracked at least after 7 days from the day you applied. Though, it should be noted that to track the PAN Card Status, you should have the acknowledgment number or Coupon number. UTI can also be contacted at its toll-free number 1800220306 for any query.
Follow the step by step instructions given below and you will be able to track your PAN Card status at UTI online portal:
- Click on the link given to reach the page from where you can begin to track the status of your PAN Card. http://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/trackApp
- A page will open asking you to put in your “Application coupon number”.
- Fill in the field and click on “Submit”.
- A “reset” button is also given in case you type in wrong coupon number.
- After you have submitted the coupon number, another page will be displayed telling you about your PAN Card status.
- The page will display, “Application Coupon Number”, “Applicant Type”, “Applicant Name” and “Status”.
- The option of “Back” is also given at the end in case you went to track down another PAN Card status.
The same procedure can be applied by the applicants who have applied for duplicate PAN card and wish to track its status. But make sure you have applied for the duplicate PAN Card from UTI portal only before checking its status on UTI online portal. And if you have applied for PAN Card on NSDL online portal then the status would have to be checked on the NSDL portal itself.