Employee Provident Fund members can check their Universal Account Number status. Being a member of EPF your universal account number should be activated. Universal Account Number can be activated at the EPFO member portal. Through UAN you can get many extra services and facilities. Universal Account Number is a 12 digit number and is unique to each member. Each EPFO member is issued a unique UAN number. The number is issued to the employee with lifetime validity. The number remains same regardless of the changes in the workplace. If you are already a PF member and not received the UAN number, check the UAN status online. Employees can also check their UAN status with their employees.
Many useful facilities are available for the UAN members. Employees can now seed the UAN with their bank accounts, aadhaar, and PAN. This saves a lot of energy employees invest while withdrawing PF. The UAN number does not change with the change of company. A huge number of universal account numbers are activated by the employees. First of all, you need to collect your UAN number from your employer. If the number is not yet issued or generate, use the procedure to track the UAN status. Employees can generate and track the status of UAN without a help of employers.
How to check status?
Follow the step by step instructions given below to check the status of your Universal Account Number.
- Begin by clicking on the link given http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/check_uan_status.php
- For your state and region of EPFO office select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
- After you enter state and region, the first two boxes for EPF number will get filled in.
- To complete your EPF account number type in the establishment code and extension code.
- If you do not have it in your PF account number then leave the extension code blank.
- If you do not know the establishment code, you can look for it at this link:http://search.epfoservices.in/est_search.php
- After filling up these details, click the ‘Check Status’ button.
- You will now get the UAN status message on the screen. The message will indicate if your UA number is already allotted or not.
If it is not allotted or generated then you can send a request for getting it generated. To know your UAN number by SMS, follow the navigating options located on the left side of the page. Enter all the details asked for name, birth date, and mobile number. Make sure you enter them correctly. Then enter the password and the captcha code. Click the option of ‘Get PIN.’ You will receive the PIN number on your cell. Enter it in the PIN field and click the ‘submit’ button. You will now receive SMS when the UAN is generated. It will take minimum 7 days for UAN generation.
The registration of UAN gives more independence to employees. Employees can get useful information for their PF account from the portal. No need to approach your employer to get information on EPF account. With UAN activation, employees can download monthly e-passbook of their EPF account.