What is LIC?
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) was founded in 1956 when the Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act that nationalized the private insurance industry in India. LIC is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company with headquarters in Mumbai. It is currently the largest company in India with an approx asset value of 1,560,482 crores. Initially, over 245 insurance companies and provident societies were merged to create the state-owned Life Insurance Corporation.
Most people do hold LIC Policies to get cover against emergencies. So it is very important to track the policy and check its status from time to time to update yourself about the interim bonus and other details. To check the status there is no need to go to the LIC office because now you can check the status online. The official online portal of Life Insurance Corporation of India offers the facility of check LIC premium status online.
How to check the status online?
Initially, you would have to register yourself at the site online to be able to check the status. The users who have already registered can move forward by simply using the “Register user tab”. For those who have to get themselves registered, follow the step by step instructions given below.
- Open the online portal of LIC through the link given http://www.licindia.in/
- Now locate the e-services tab on the page displayed and then click on it.
- Now select ‘new user’ if you have not registered online before.
- Now fill in all the information asked. This includes policy number, installment premium, and date of birth, mobile number and email id.
- Check the box of confirmation regarding your mobile number.
- Click on the ‘proceed’ button after filling up all the details. Make sure you fill in all the details correctly.
- The next page at this stage will allow you to create your own unique user id and password.
Now follow the step by step instructions given below on how to check policy after getting yourself registered.
- After getting yourself registered successfully, come back on the page from where you started.
- Click on the tab “Registered user”.
- Login using your user id and password.
- Select the ‘go’ button to reach the next page.
- Select the ‘policy tools’ option located on the right-hand side menu of the page.
- Follow the option of ‘view enrolled policies’.
- The list of all your enrolled policies will be displayed there.
- Click on the policy number whose status you wish to check.
- To know vested bonus information of your LIC policy, click the column of vested bonus.
- Select the option ‘Pay Premium Online’ for e-payment of premium. After registration, the user can get online information on loans, revival, due premiums, policy calendars etc.
How to check status through SMS?
If you don’t have access to the internet then you can check the status through SMS also. Send the SMS as shown below.
- Dial 1251 anytime to know LIC policy status. (The facility is available only in selected cities).
- Send an SMS to 56767877 as: ASKLIC <your policy number> DESIRED CODE
The desired code indicates what information you are seeking regarding your LIC policy. We have given here the codes for different information.
To know premium amount: PREMIUM
To know the revival amount of lapsed policy : REVIVAL
To know the vested bonus: BONUS
For knowing nomination details of your policy: NOM