The Employee’s Provident Fund is an organization made to assist the Central Board of Trustees. It administers a compulsory contributory Provident Fund Scheme, Pension Scheme, and an Insurance Scheme. It is also the nodal agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries on a reciprocal basis. The schemes cover Indian workers as well as International workers. In India, it is the largest social security organizations in terms of a number of covered beneficiaries and the volume of financial transactions undertaken.
The applicants would obviously wish to check their Employee Provident Fund claim from time to time. The employees don’t have to visit the office every time to check the claim status for withdrawal. No one can know the EPF claim status just by a few clicks very easily and hassle free. The EPF member portal login offers various online facilities. Members can check PF balance status online by registering at the portal. One has to know the PF account number before hand to check the status of the provident fund application.
Employee’s provident fund is a major retirement saving scheme for employees in India. Many employees while changing the company either transfer the PF account or withdraw the accumulated PF amount. The EPF claim status check will allow the employees to know the position of their PF withdrawal application. Though claiming EPF is now a much simpler process, the status check will ensure you of the exact position of your claim. It will also inform you of any discrepancy in your application in advance. Hence, checking status will help you avoid delay in your withdrawal of PF.
How to check status?
Follow the step by step by instructions given below to check the status of your employee provident fund.
- Begin by clicking on the link given http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- Click on the option of ‘click here for knowing your claim status.’
- Select your state and then click on ‘search for establishment code’ located just below it.
- Then, select last option saying ‘Establishment Under Office’. Select the exact region of your EPFO office using the drop down menu.
- A complete list with their establishment code will be displayed. Establishment code is a numerical portion of your 7 digits EPF member Id. Sometimes, it also has an extension code of further 3 digits.
- If there is no extension code in your PF account number, just leave the extension code box 1 blank.
- Enter the region code as well office code. Make sure you enter it correctly.
- Enter Establishment code and also the extension code if applicable.
- Enter your employee provident fund account number.
- Click the Submit tab to complete the process of EPFO claim status tracking.
- Your claim status will be displayed on the screen. The status messages will be displayed clearly to understand the position of your PF withdrawal claim.
The portal also offers to link your PF account with your insurance policies. You can fund premiums of your policies directly from the PF amount accumulated in your account.
And if you don’t have proper access to the internet or a computer then the status can be checked by filling in a form. Download the form online and submit it to the EPF office. You can also get the form at the EPF office itself.