It may take long for Aadhaar Card by Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI to reach your home through post after you have registered for it. It usually takes 90 days i.e. 3 months for Aadhaar card to reach your home. Until then you can always check the status of your Aadhaar Card online through the details given on your enrollment slip given to you after the process of registration. All the details like name, address, number, date and time of registration are mentioned on the enrollment slip.
Now there are various ways you can check the status of your pending Aadhaar card. The three easy ways to check the status are:
1. Check your Aadhaar Card status online
If you have easy access to the internet and know how to use a computer you can always check the status online by sitting at home. Follow the steps given below to check the status of your Aadhaar Card.
- Log on to the official website of UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India. https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- You will see the enrollment ID box on this page. Mention your enrollment ID number which is 14 digits, given on the ID itself.
- Now mention the date and time also mentioned on the enrollment ID itself. The date and time will also be of 14 digits. Enrollment ID number and date and time are in total 28 digits and they form your temporary enrollment ID (EID).
- Now in the next box type the captcha image showing above the box.
- Now the final step is to click on “Check Status” button and see the status of your Aadhaar Card on the same page itself.
2. Check Aadhaar Card status through mobile phone
If you don’t have access to internet connection or don’t know how to use a computer you can always check your Aadhaar Card status through a mobile phone. Simply dial the Aadhaar Toll-Free Number which is 1800-300-1947. It is a status inquiry telephone number. They will ask for your details like 14 digit enrollment ID number, name, address etc and you will be able to know your Aadhaar Card status soon enough.
3. Check Aadhaar Card status through SMS
Aadhaar Card status can also be obtained through SMS. If you don’t have a internet connection or don’t know how to use a computer this is another option for you. All you have to do is send a text message to UIDAI and your status will be shown on your mobile screen.
You have to send the message in the format mentioned below:
UID STATUS<14 DIGIT ENROLLMENT NUMBER>
The message has to be sent to the toll-free number 51969. You will receive the text message in few seconds regarding your Aadhaar Card status.
But it should be noted that the SMS should be sent from the same number you mentioned on the application form, which is stored in the Aadhaar data base.
4. How to check status if the enrollment ID is lost?
Many times it happens that people lose their 14 digit enrollment ID number and are then unable to check the status of their Aadhaar Card. In such a situation then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go over to the link mentioned here: https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Now in the option “You want to receive your lost”, select Enrollment No (EID).
- Enter all the details asked, full name, email, mobile number and the security code.
- Then click on the “Get OTP” button.
- The OTP i.e. one-time password will be received on your mobile phone registered in the Aadhaar data base and also on your email id.
- Mention the OTP in the “Enter OTP” box.
- Then click on “Verify OTP”.
- Now you will receive the enrollment ID on your mobile phone.
- Now you can easily check your Aadhaar Card status by the 14 digit enrollment ID you just received either online or through a mobile phone or through SMS.