A central government agency of India, UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India came up with an objective to collect biometric and demographic data of all the residents of India in a centralized database. As a conclusion for this objective, they came up with Aadhaar Card which is not just any card but the world’s largest national identification number project. The project started in 2009 under the Planning Commission of India.
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique identity number. It is the unique proof of identity of individuals but not citizenship issued by the government of India after collecting the biometric details like fingerprints and iris scan of the people. It can be used anywhere in India and it has all the information on the front of the card like Name, Sex, Date of Birth, along with QR code and Aadhaar number. A QR Code is printed to verify the originality of the card. This code contains all the information of the card holder in electronic form. Additional informational like address, father’s name are printed on the back side.
Only one Aadhaar card per family is not enough, every member has to get his or her own Aadhaar Card. Each Aadhaar Card number issued will be unique to each and every individual and will remain valid for life. There is no need to renew the Aadhaar card in future. Aadhaar Card by Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI is not compulsory but completely optional for all the citizens of India. But still, it is recommended to get it issued, to be able to avail the benefits of government schemes like Pahal DBTL Scheme for getting a subsidy in bank accounts and much more such schemes.
Once you have applied for Aadhaar Card then it may take a few days to be finally made. Until then you can check the status of your Aadhaar Card now just with your name and pin-code.
Follow the step by step instructions given below to check the status of your Aadhaar Card using your pin-code and name.
- Begin by clicking on the link mentioned here https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- A new page will be displayed.
- Select the option of ‘Enrolment Id’ out of the options given on the top of the page.
- Now start filling all the details asked. First, mention your full name.
- Now mention your registered mobile number or your registered email id.
- Now enter the captcha image given and click on ‘Get OTP’ option.
- Now you will receive the one-time password on your email id or mobile number depending on what you mentioned above.
- Enter the OPT in the box provided.
- After this click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- You will receive your Enrollment Id and the Enrollment date and time on the mobile number or e-mail id that you had provided.
Note: to check your Aadhaar Card Status you do not really need your name and pin-code. However, they will be required if you do not have your EID. You would be required to enter such details as your name while searching for your EID online as mentioned in the previous section. After this visit the official portal of Aadhaar Card through the link given https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Enter the Enrolment ID you have retrieved, in the space provided for it.
- Enter the date and time of your Enrollment in the respective box (the enrollment date and time is mentioned in your Enrollment slip if you have it. If you have retrieved your Enrolment ID via SMS or as an E-mail, it is mentioned there as well.)
- Enter the CAPTCHA and click the ‘Check status’ Option.
- Once you click on that option, a confirmation page appears.
Once you know your Aadhaar Card Status, you will know whether it is still being processed or whether it has been dispatched. You may want to download an electronic copy of your Aadhaar Card on your Device. This is the E-Aadhaar; you can very well download it and get a printout. That way you will have your Aadhaar Card with you even before it arrives via post. It is important to note that E-Aadhaar is equally accepted at all places where Aadhaar is.