- 1 How To Change The Address In Passport?
- 2 Change Address In Passport – Reasons
- 3 Process of Passport Re-issue
- 4 Get the application form – Address Change
- 5 Change Of Address In Passport – Documents Required
- 6 Passport Office – Appointment
- 7 Change of Address in Passport – Fees
- 8 Share this:
- 9 Related
How To Change The Address In Passport?
A passport is an important document, which all citizens are preferred to have. It is meant as identification proof and accepted widely for all purposes. But, the primary use of a passport is to enable traveling in and out of the country. It is a necessary document as without passport you cannot go abroad. A passport does not guarantee entry into the destination country. It is a document issued by the government that certifies your identity and nationality. A standard passport contains the holder’s name, place and date of birth, photograph, signature, and other identifying information.
Change Address In Passport – Reasons
You have to update the information in your passport, in case you have changed your address or are relocating. For change in your address, you need to apply for re-issue of your passport. Through this method, you will have a new passport with a new number and booklet.
Process of Passport Re-issue
The change in your address falls under your change in personal details. So, you can apply for passport renewal or reissue. The process is way simple to get your passport re-issued with a new address. You can visit Passport Seva Kendra office and get a direct application. All you need is to pay the fees in cash at the office. Alternatively, you can complete your request and get an appointment online. You can also make the online payment of fees.
Change Of Address In Passport – Process
The process of changing your address in the passport is detailed below:
- Log onto the Passport Seva official website.
- If you are registered, then use “Existing User? Login”, enter user ID and enter the password to view your account.
- If you are a first-timer, click on “New User? Register Now”.
- Choose a passport office suitable to you.
- Provide your details including your name and birth date.
- Create a login ID and password to register.
- An email with a link will be sent to activate your account.
- Once you click on this link, log in and click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport.”
Get the application form – Address Change
You can either download a form in PDF format and fill it up offline or complete the form available online.
Enter your details. Update the address as required. You will be needed to provide two references with their full name, contact number, and address.
If you are using the PDF form, then enter your city validate and save the form. Upload this document to the same page from where you downloaded it.
Verify all the details you have given and click on “Submit.”
Once you have submitted your form successfully, click on “view saved/submitted applications.” You can then “Pay and schedule an appointment.” For booking an appointment, it is necessary to complete the payment online. For Tatkal applicants, you need to pay the standard fee. If your application is accepted for Tatkal, then you can pay the balance at the Passport Seva Kendra official portal.
Note: The payment is a non-refundable. In case, multiple payments are made on the same ARN; then the PSK will deal with the claims. The payment options are available and mentioned below.
|Mode of Payment||Accepted Providers||Charges|
|Credit Cards||VISA or MasterCard||1.5% + service tax|
|Debit Cards||VISA or MasterCard||1.5% + service tax|
|Internet Banking||SBI and Associate Banks||No charge|
|SBI Challan||Fees should be deposited at the nearest SBI branch after 3 hours of generating the challan and within 85 days.||No charge|
Booking an Appointment
- After the successful payment, you can “Schedule Appointment.”
- If your payment is still in process, click on “Track Payment Status.”
- If you had paid with a Challan, then wait for two working days from your time when you deposited the money. The status will be updated in “Track Payment Status.” Once the payment is made, you can schedule your appointment.
- Select the preferable passport office and the slot convenient to you.
- Confirm your appointment.
Change Of Address In Passport – Documents Required
For changing your address, you will be needed to provide the following documents:
- Original old Passport.
- A copy of your online application.
- A copy of payment receipt or challan receipt.
- Self-attested copy of the first two and last two pages.
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport.
- Address Proof (Any out of these)
- Election Commission Photo/Voter ID card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity bill
- Water Bill
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Telephone (Mobile, Landline)
- Registered Rent Agreement
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details), (applicant’s present address should match the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport).
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head.
- Parent’s passport copy, in the case of minors (First and last page).
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks, Scheduled Public Sector Banks, and Regional Rural Banks only).
- Documents required for Minors.
- For minor applicants, in addition to the documents listed above, a Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per Annexure ‘H’ is also required.
- Documents needed for Government/PSU/Statutory Body
- For Government/PSU/Statutory Body employees, in addition to the documents listed above, you need a No Objection Certificate (NOC) (as per Annexure ‘M’) OR a Prior Intimation Letter (PI) (as per Annexure ‘N’)
- Documents required for Retired Government Officials
- For Retired Government Officials, in addition to the documents listed above, you should submit your Pension Payment Order.
Passport Office – Appointment
On your interview date, you should go to your selected passport office. You can reach on time or 15 minutes earlier. There is no requirement to go ahead as the slots are generally on time. A group number will be allotted to you. When your name is called, you can move to the verification process. The passport re-issue procedure usually takes a few hours. Once all the formalities are done, you can leave. If later on, police verification is required, you will be informed via SMS. Your will receive your passport through courier to your new address.
Change of Address in Passport – Fees
|Applicant’s Age||Validity Required||Normal Charge||Tatkal Charge|
|Less than 15 Years||All||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 3,000|
|15 years – 18 years||5 years or till the age of 18 years||Rs. 1000||Rs. 3,000|
|10 years (36 pages)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 3,500|
|10 years (60 pages)||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 4,000|
|18 years and above||10 years (36 pages)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 3,500|
|10 years (60 pages)||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 4,000|