Founded by the famous Marwari’s Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, Flipkart is an e-commerce website. It was founded in 2007 and has headquarters in Banglore and Karnataka with being registered in Singapore. The first product they sold was the book Leaving Microsoft to Change the World to a customer from Hyderabad. Flipkart now employs more than 33,000 people. Flipkart allows payment methods such as cash on delivery, credit or debit card transactions, net banking, e-gift voucher and card swipe on delivery. Flipkart.com was awarded Young Turk of the Year at CNBC TV 18’s ‘India Business Leader Awards 2012’ (IBLA).
The various categories through which we can shop on Flipkart are:
- Baby and Kids
- Home and Furniture
- Books and More
It gives you many ease options like Cash on Delivery, a 30-day replacement policy, EMI options, free shipping and attractive price offers.
Follow the step mentioned below to place an order on Flipkart.
- Open the official website of Flipkart using the link flipkart.com. You can also open it on your smartphone by downloading the Flipkart app through the play store.
- Now in the search box type in the product, you want to buy or you can search the item by selecting the appropriate category just below the search box.
- After you have selected the item and clicked on it a new page will be displayed.
- The new page will display the options you have from which you can select. For example, you searched for women’s handbags, the new page will display handbags of different sizes and shapes and prices.
- Flipkart also provides the ‘Filter’ option. Through this, you can narrow down your search to specifics. This option is given on left side of the page.
- After you select one, again click on it. A new page will be displayed showing the product you selected. On pointing a cursor on the item, you will see the Full Image of that particular item which you have selected. Here you will also find all the details and descriptions of the product. Go through them properly before finally buying the product.
- Now if you want to buy that item, then click on “BUY NOW” button.
- You will find the Price of the item, the Delivery Details like ‘in how many days it will take to reach you’, and finally the subtotal after adding the delivery charges. Now click on “PLACE ORDER”.
- After clicking on place order, you will have to register on Flipkart to complete the process. Enter your email id and then click on “CONTINUE”.
- Fill up the delivery details like address, landmark, pin code, phone number etc and then click on “SAVE & CONTINUE”.
- After filling the delivery details you have to check the Order Summary. After checking the details, click on “CONTINUE”.
- Now you have to select the “Payment Type” according to your convenience from the left panel. You can select “Cash on Delivery” i.e. cash will be paid on the delivery of the product.
You can select many other options available for the payment like Debit Card, Credit Card, EMI, Net Banking, and EGV.
When you select the type as “COD” then you need to enter the Captcha shown above the field and then click on “CONFIRM ORDER”.
- You have ordered the Item Successfully. You can also view the Order Summary like the date of delivery and the price of the item.