How to Apply Online for Widow Certificate Maharashtra
A widow certificate is a verification that is generated by the state government as a proof to a widow woman that her husband is not alive anymore. Using this certificate, women can claim for various facilities, rights, and other offerings by the state government; the public or private organization like life insurance, pension provided by the government, to transfer bank account, property etc. A widow certificate is a boon for all the widows to avail comfort and benefits by the government.
Benefits of the widow certificate
A widow certificate can be used at various places in government/public or a private organization such as:
- For pension transfers
- For property transfers
- For claim of insurance
Eligibility Criteria for applying for a widow certificate
- A widow should be able to provide husband’s death certificate
- The applicant women must not marry again.
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- The photograph should be in JPEG format, should be between 5kb to 20kb and 160px to 212px
- Husband’s death certificate
- The document format should be JPEG/ PDF and The size of the documents between 75 KB to 100 KB
- The candidate’s Taluka name
- The District name from where the candidate belongs
- The candidate’s Gram Panchayat name
- The candidate’s name
- The candidate’s husband name
Complete Application Procedure for Receiving a Widow Certificate
- First and foremost, the candidate needs to visit Aaple Sarkar official website.
- Post visiting this link a window will appear which will look like the same image posted below. Then click on Right to Service (RTS) button
- Then next window will appear which will look like the second image posted below
- Then click on login or create new user account.
- Once it created, log in using username and password. Window will appear which will look like posted image below
- Then search for Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department and click on it.
- Then click on Widow Certificate and click on the image will appear which will look posted image below
- Then fill necessary information required like Name of husband, District name, Taluka name.
- A window will appear this will be an application form. Fill it carefully and click on submit
- Then a window will appear which shall ask you to upload the passport size photograph and husband’s death certificate. Click on upload documents
- Post click on submit the window will appear which will ask you for payment then select proper payment option, make payment and submit
- Then after 5 to 6 or 20 days you can download soft copy of Widow Certificate
- Gram Sevak
- Assistance Block Development Officer
- Block Development Officer
- For any kind of queries, applicants can contact to Municipal Corporation or Municipal Council and,
- Gram Panchayat
Widow Certificate Fee
The cost for issuing Widow Certificate is not more than Rs. 50