What is voter ID card?
Issued by the election commission of India, the Indian Voter ID Card serves as an identity proof while casting votes in the electronic voting machine in Assembly, Lok Sabha and Municipal elections in India. It can be issued to all the citizens of the country who are above the age of 18 years. The voter ID card carries the personal details of the person whereas a unique identification number. Till now more than 450 million voter ID cards have been distributed all across the country. However bankrupt and mentally sick people over 18 years do not qualify to vote, therefore it is not issued to them.
How to apply online?
Now a day’s one can apply online to get a voter ID card. Follow the step by step instructions given below to get a voter ID card.
- One can apply on the official website of Election commission of India called the National Voters Service Portal.
- Visit the National Voters Service Portal through the link given http://www.nvsp.in/
- After opening the online portal, click on the tab saying “Apply Online for Registration of Overseas Voter”.
- After clicking on this a page will be displayed with “Form 6A”.
- This is the online application form.
- Fill up the application form carefully.
- You will see three options in the end after filling the form. Click on “reset” if you did some mistakes while filling the form. Click on “save” if you wish to save the details but not submit the application form. And click on “submit” if you are done filling the form and wish to submit it further.
- This way the online application form will be submitted.
- The verification by block level officer (BLO) will be done by any way it seems to be appropriate to him.
- You will receive an application ID number. You can use this number to track the status of your voter ID card.
- After the verification process, the voter ID card will be dispatched to you in less than a week.