What is Bhamashah Card?
Bhamashah card is issued under the Bhamashah Yojana. The Bhamashah Yojana was introduced by the government of Rajasthan with an aim to transfer financial and non-financial benefits of governmental schemes directly in a transparent and clear way. The Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched the scheme on 15 August 2014 in Udaipur. The scheme is named after the Bhamashah a famous minister, financier and general who helped Maharana Pratap.
The Bhamashah Financial Inclusion scheme was initiated way back in 2008. In fact, it was the first Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) programs of the country. However, due to various reasons, it went into hibernation for 5 years. With the pledge that was made to the residents, the Scheme was revamped, reactivated and launched on 68th Independence Day of India in 2014.
This initiative was a big step towards the Women Financial Empowerment. The project is expected to give financial freedom to around 1.5 crores women all over Rajasthan with a key goal to create a strong foundation of society by making the women of Rajasthan independent, empowered and capable. The project is expected to mark a new beginning in making women self-sufficient. As part of the arrangement, financial benefits from Government’s other projects will all be deposited in the same bank. Rajasthan government will be investing Rs.600 crores on Bhamashah Project.
How to apply for Bhamashah Card?
If you wish to apply for Bhamashah card then that can be done online. Follow the step by step instructions mentioned below to apply.
- Visit the official website of Bhamashah Yojana through the link given http://bhamashah.rajasthan.gov.in/index.aspx
- Scroll down the page and on the bottom right you will see the option of Bhamashah Enrollment.
- Click on it and a new page will be displayed.
- An application form will be displayed. Fill in all the details asked for name, address, family name, a mobile number on which you will receive the verification code etc. Make sure you fill in all the details correctly; otherwise they would have to be rectified later.
- Other steps of the registration process will include:
- Citizen Registration
- Citizen Enrolment
- Forgot Registration
- Acknowledgement Receipt
- Edit Citizen Enrolment
- Add Member
- Upload Document
- Now fill the rest of the application form and submit it. Take a print out of the form if in case needed in future. You will be given an alert regarding the next steps to be taken for completing the process of Bhamashah Card registration.