Reliance Communications is an Indian Internet access and telecommunications company with its headquarters in Mumbai. It provides CDMA, GSM (Voice, 2G, and 3G) mobile services and broadband and DTH services. Currently, it is the fourth largest telecom operator in India with average subscribers of 109.90 million.
Reliance has now come up with Reliance Jio where customers can get 10 GB of 4G data only in Rs 93. This special offer is currently available for RCom CDMA customers with select plans. Nearly 90 percent of reliance subscribers who use reliance 4G would be eligible to use this special offer. It is the least expensive 4G plan when compared to other 4G plans provided by other telecommunications company. The band spectrum used in 850 MHz.
Mentioning that the world currently is standing at the beginning of a digital revolution and everything that could go digital is already doing so exponentially, Mukesh Ambani chairman of Reliance Industries announced the launch of much awaited Reliance Jio. Standing on the 5 key pillars the aim of Reliance Jio is to provide a powerful network hassle free and at very affordable prices. The Reliance Jio is going to offer free services till December 2016. There will also be no roaming charges, across India, to any network. The Jio 4G tariffs start at Rs. 149 for 28 days, for 300MB. For Rs. 499 per month, one also gets a big step up, to 4GB of 4G data, plus unlimited 4G at night, for 28 days. Customers can also get 8GB of access from Reliance Jio’s upcoming network of Wi-Fi hotspots, further increasing the amount of data one can use. For Rs. 999, that goes up to 10GB of 4G data and 20GB of Wi-Fi usage, plus unlimited usage at night.
The Jio Sim is available for free and the customers need to submit their KYC documents to get the Sim. You can to any Reliance store nearby to acquire the Jio Sim. It comes with many other features and accessories like JioBeats, JioOnDemand, JioExpress, JioDrive, JioMoney etc.
- The JioBeats system will also play a major role in this service. The JioBeats system lets people load up and play back all sorts of online music files.
- JioOnDemand will also offer quick videos that will be really easy to upload. The videos will be off latest in music, sports, news and much more.
- JioExpress News also works with the 4G CDMA network to give a person quick news updates on everything that is of interest to them.
- JioDrive will allow people to save various amounts of data on the cloud network. The 4G CDMA network lets people quickly get access to the assorted amounts of data that are on the cloud network so people can easily load up more items at a time.
- People can even spend the money they save with the JioMoney system. This links people payment information to different vendors.
After acquiring the Sim follow the step by step instructions given below to activate the Sim.
- On getting the Sim card go to play store and download the My Jio App.
- After successfully downloading the app open it and click on the tab that says ‘Get Jio Sim’.
- Then you will come across the entire process. Go through it properly and then click ‘Next’.
- After this, the Reliance offer code will be displayed on the screen. Note down the code carefully without any mistakes as this would be needed later.
- After this wait for the confirmation message from Reliance in which you will be asked for the tele-verification. The code displayed earlier may be asked then.
- This completes the initial processes. Now in order to activate the voice and data services, the user has to dial 1977 from the registered Jio number.
- The identity of the user might need to confirm again. The last 4 digits of the voter ID card or the Aadhaar Card can be used for the process of confirmation.
- The Sim will take about 1-2 hours for activation. Though in some cases due to some technical glitches 4-5 hours for activation may be taken up. The users are requested to be patient.
- For enabling of data, one needs to dial 1800-890-1977 Toll-Free number from any mobile number as mentioned in the user’s Reliance Jio SIM’s form.
- Data services will get activated on entering the newly purchased Jio mobile number. On activation, the user would get 2GB of free 4G data, which in time will turn into an unlimited 4G plan.
The Reliance Jio 4G has turned out to be a big competition for other leading networks such as Vodafone, Airtel, Idea , BSNL, Aircel etc. By offering free services it is attracting customers on a very large scale. The Jio services would be available in its complete form, the Reliance Jio 4G starting September 5. Previously the Jio was available in Beta versions to employees. It was later extended to family and friends, partners and selected vendors such as Samsung, Lg, and Micromax.