Gramin Awas Yojana
Details about Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana 2017 – Rural Awas Yojana, how to apply for it & list.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme has been launched for both urban as well for rural regions. Below article is focused on Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana or Rural Awas Yojana.
Note – If you want to read about Urban PM Awas Yojana – CLICK HERE
Many people in our country don’t have a house of their own. In villages, poor people do have the houses, but the condition of such houses is miserable and more probably are kutcha houses. So, under the Gramin Awas Yojana, the government provides financial help to prepare Pucca (strong) houses to the eligible people. In this article, we have mentioned details about Pradhan Mantri Gramin (Rural) Awas Yojana Scheme.
PMAYG – PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA (GRAMIN)
Old Name of Scheme – Indira Awas Yojana
New Name of Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAYG)
Launched Date – 20th November 2016 at Agra
Initiated by – PM Narendra Modi
An objective of the Scheme – To construct one crore Pucca houses in rural areas in next three years by providing financial support.
In the year 2016-17 – 33 Lakh Houses
In the year 2017-18 – 33.5 Lakh Houses
In the year 2018-19 – 33.5 Lakh Houses
All those who are interested must be aware of the criteria to make the most of this scheme. Here are the eligibility details –
- As per the Census 2011, the beneficiaries will be chosen (SECC 2011).
- Prior preference will be given to those people who are either homeless or live in Kutcha house.
- Every year a list of beneficiaries will be prepared.
- Financial assistance to be offered.
- Under this scheme, following financial advantage will be given according to the location –Plane Areas – Rs 1,20,000
Hilly Areas – Rs 1,30,000
- Along with this funding, every beneficiary will be offered 90 to 95 days employment under MNREGA, which would be almost Rs. 18,000. A sum of Rs. 12,000 will also be proposed to construct Toilets.
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA GRAMIN – HOW TO APPLY
As mentioned before, the selection of beneficiaries will be made by SECC 2011 data. Any interested applicant can find out their name on the list. Depending on where his/her name exists the ease will be given automatically. However, it is important that all the eligibility conditions are met.
- Financial Assistant will be transferred directly to Bank or Post Office Account of a beneficiary.
- The minimum space for the house has been set as 25 square meters.
- Training to the beneficiary or the engineer will be given for preparing the pucca house.
- All the houses will be constructed with the latest technology, earthquake proof, and safe from other natural disasters.
GRAMIN AWAS YOJANA APPLICATION FORM
There is no form for applying to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin. From the list prepared by the Gram Sabha, beneficiaries will be chosen. Once your number comes, the process of creating Pucca House will be started.