Goa Prabhat Scheme for Sex Workers
Prabhat Scheme is a new rehabilitation & welfare scheme for sex workers. Goa State Government and Ministry of Women & Child Development has instigated the scheme. Under this scheme, the government provides technical/vocational training to sex workers and sexually abused women to enable them to earn for their day to day lives.
About the scheme:
Prabhat Scheme was launched on 2 June 2013 by the state government of Goa. The women who are victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation get benefits under this scheme. This scheme also provides need-based services like psychosocial services, health services, rehabilitation in the government-run shelter/protective home and reintegration program to connect the victim with her family. Some of the vocational training are tailoring, fashion designing, garment making, blouse making, repair of home appliance, mobile phone repair etc.
Under the Scheme:
- ‘Prabhat’ is a psychotherapy treatment scheme for victims of sexual violence framed as per the suggestions of a rehabilitation committee of the Supreme Court.
- Under this scheme, a stipend/financial help of Rs. 2500/- per month is given to the victim of commercial sexual exploitation (excluding victims housed in Protective Home) after rescue or exit from commercial sexual mistreatment.
- The stipend will be paid for a period of three months or till she joins a livelihood program.
Objectives of Prabhat Scheme
Prabhat Scheme aims at rehabilitating and generating employment opportunities to sex workers and sexually abused women who are residents of Goa by providing them technical and vocational training.
Benefits of Prabhat Scheme
- A financial assistance of Rs 2,500 per month to every needy woman.
- Benefits of technical/vocational training to sex workers for day to day earning.
- A victim of commercial sexual exploitation will be given a stipend/financial assistance of Rs. 2500/- per month, after rescue or exit from commercial sexual exploitation.
- The stipend will be given for a period of three months or till she joins a livelihood program.
- Benefits of counseling by Probation Officer or by a person appointed as a Mentor or by a professional counselor or a psychiatrist working in a Government or non-Government Organization.
Eligibility Criteria for Prabhat Scheme
- Women and Children who are victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation are eligible for this scheme.
- Applicant should be the resident of the state of Goa.
- Identity proof
- Resident certificate
- Applicant should visit provisional officer of Women & Child Development Department Goa.
- Applicants can also visit Women & Child Development Department in Goa
For further queries visit their website: http://www.dwcd.goa.gov.in/